Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently noticed in the last 6 or 7 months, that I had developed dark circles. It really bothered me. I tried a few eye creams, but none seemed to work. I resorted to just using concealer. In the last week or so, I noticed that they seemed to have faded....now I certainly am not complaining, just wondering how that happened. I have been using a vitamin C serum, one that I had posted about awhile back, (its called 40 carrots). I use it faithfully twice a day, I also wash my face with Alpha Hydroxy face wash, I just started with Roc eye cream, (only a few days) so I don't think that had anything to do with it.

Could it be from the Vitamin C serum, I don't know the strength of the C serum, as it does not indicate on the bottle, it claims to have retinol in it, that's all I know. I continued to use it, as it gave my face a really nice glow, it was not expensive. After reading about the various strengths of Vitamin C, and the cost I figured this was not as good as I thought, but I still used it, caused I really like the way it made my skin look "brighter" . After I started using it, I checked Makeupalley for reviews, there are only a few, but they are all positive. Do you think it could be from the Vitamin C. I get more than enough sleep, and always have, so that did not change. Just curious on your thoughts. Thanks

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hi,

I recently noticed in the last 6 or 7 months, that I had developed dark circles. It really bothered me. I tried a few eye creams, but none seemed to work. I resorted to just using concealer. In the last week or so, I noticed that they seemed to have faded....now I certainly am not complaining, just wondering how that happened. I have been using a vitamin C serum, one that I had posted about awhile back, (its called 40 carrots). I use it faithfully twice a day, I also wash my face with Alpha Hydroxy face wash, I just started with Roc eye cream, (only a few days) so I don't think that had anything to do with it.

Could it be from the Vitamin C serum, I don't know the strength of the C serum, as it does not indicate on the bottle, it claims to have retinol in it, that's all I know. I continued to use it, as it gave my face a really nice glow, it was not expensive. After reading about the various strengths of Vitamin C, and the cost I figured this was not as good as I thought, but I still used it, caused I really like the way it made my skin look "brighter" . After I started using it, I checked Makeupalley for reviews, there are only a few, but they are all positive. Do you think it could be from the Vitamin C. I get more than enough sleep, and always have, so that did not change. Just curious on your thoughts. Thanks
I don't know -- but there's a picture of Mr. C on the Cellex C site that shows him before and after using the product for some time -- not only are his wrinkles less noticeable but also undereye colour has improved.

Mr. C was paid to put Cellex C on half his face -- so one half is "himself with no treatment" the other side is after Cellex C usage.

I've heard of people using Vit C as a topical healing agent for sores. Who knows -- if it works keep at it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts