Thought I'd post this ..found this interesting and though MANY could use this information (taken from here.)
Many of us suffer from dark circles under the eyes. These black rings make us look exhausted and ill. They are very obvious and annoying. They are difficult to cover up and even harder to get rid of.
In short, they are the bane of many people's lives.
There are many contributing factors to the development of these dark circles and even more things that can make them worse. Some factors are unavoidable -- like age and ill health -- but many can be prevented and treated easily.
I created this site to help people, like myself, who suffer from severe dark circles under the eyes. It contains a detailed discussion of the causes of these dark circles and a great deal of advice about how to prevent, cure or cover them up.
Dark Circles Under The Eyes is split in to two sections; the first discusses why dark circles under the eyes occur and how to prevent them; the second lists dozens of remedies, tips and recommendations to reduce, cure or conceal them.
No ..I'm not talking about CROP CIRCLES.....I'm talking about that baggage under our eyes....those dark pesky circles that appear as we get older ...and WHY?
The eyelids are already the thinnest, softest areas of skin in the body. Normal skin is around 2 millimeters thick, but eyelid skin is only 0.5 millimeters thick.
Causes of under eye dark circles (just a few)
1. Lack of sleep.
2. Inherited condition having a family with the kind of skin that makes dark circles more likely.
3. Fluid retention which causes puffiness that may cast shadows.
4. Aging which thins and relaxes the skin around the eyes.
Dark eye circles - Treatments and Remedies
1. Powdered fenugreek and milk are said to tackle dark circles. Apply a paste of fenugreek mixed in milk on dark circles in the night. Wash off in the morning and watch dark circles vanish for good.
2. Freeze grated cucumber. Massage the grated cucumber ice cubes on the eyes.
3. Soak cotton wool in cucumber juice or potato juice & apply around the eyes.
4. For eye puffiness, any tea bag (herbal is better, especially eyebright), slightly cooled, placed on the eyes while you rest.
5. To lighten dark circles under your eyes, wrap a grated raw potato in cheesecloth and apply to eyelids for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
6. The best overall eye tonic is eyebright (an herb). Make a tea of it and either use the teabags or soak cotton balls or soft gauze in the tea and apply to eyes as a compress while lying down.