Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have very, very bad dark circles under my eyes. About 12 years ago I had upper and lower eyelid surgery which was great - I also had my nose done at the same time. I have been having botox and fillers for the last 8 years or so (I am coming up for 60 but get away with 45 APART from horrendous dark circles under my eyes which are making me look ill and exhausted. I have NO bags just these dreadful circles. I have tried every over the counter product known to man and also went to see a dermatologist who was worse than useless. I am considering going to see a cosmetic surgeon to see if anything can be done surgically - has anyone had success with surgery? Did it work?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Fawnie - I haven't been to see a surgeon yet - I was just wondering whether anyone had and whether there had been any success. I am going to make an appointment in the next couple of weeks and will report back on what the surgeon actually says to me then.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fawnie,

Did you mentioned in a facial exercise thread that massage can help to fill out the under eye area? (sorry, if you wrote that years ago!)

I have circles because the skin around my eyes is very thin and transparent.
Do you think massage could plump up the skin enough to reduce dark circles?

please say yes

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't find anything that works. Since I was 20, I'm 43 now, I have bought expensive creams and serums to help slow down the aging process. I have fair skin with freckles and determined to minimize any damage from the sun. Well, I'm often told I look like I'm in my early 30's because I don't have winkles. So some of the creams worked. However, I wasn't prepared for the dark circles. I know it's not from sleep. I actually think they are worse if I get too much sleep.

I would apperciate any suggestions.

PS - Dr. Oz on Oprah said we are either sinker or saggers, something like that, and it's true. I may not have wrinkles, but I'm having a battle with sagging skin. Any suggestions for the eyes, smile lines, and neck?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Fawnie,

Did you mentioned in a facial exercise thread that massage can help to fill out the under eye area? (sorry, if you wrote that years ago!)

I have circles because the skin around my eyes is very thin and transparent.
Do you think massage could plump up the skin enough to reduce dark circles?

please say yes
Varya
Yes.

That's what I am doing too to thicken and plump up the skin! I have a sunken area under my eyes that makes the area look dark. Slowly with the exercise and massage I am getting back the plump firmness of youth there!

There is a specific massage you do for it and the exercises tone up the muscles so the area is tight and firm.

I do FlexEffect but there are several other programs out there. This is the best one I have tried. Facial Exercise: If it's not FlexEffect It's not Facialbuilding.

I hope it helps you too.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been reading about Sculptra which gives the appearance of filling in the hollows under the eyes- has anyone tried this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts