Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I am new here and this is my first time posting. I have always had dark knees and they’ve always been darker than the rest of my legs/body.What can I do to lighten them.
I’ve used Caro white and yellow oil peeling but they didn’t work for me.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have the same issue. You might need to try a stronger peel (like TCA or Jessners) or try doing a series of peels with lightening oils. One use of a peeling oil isn't going to be enough. You have to use them spaced out over a long time in conjunction with a lightening agent. The newbie thread at the top of the lightening forum has more answers - also you can use the search tool to look for info on different peels.

Cheers

·
Registered
186 Posts
Have u tried using la or ga lotion? It may help with getting rid of rough skin on the knees then fade dark knees.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same issue. You might need to try a stronger peel (like TCA or Jessners) or try doing a series of peels with lightening oils. One use of a peeling oil isn't going to be enough. You have to use them spaced out over a long time in conjunction with a lightening agent. The newbie thread at the top of the lightening forum has more answers - also you can use the search tool to look for info on different peels.

Cheers
Thank you! I will definitely try some peels.

·
Registered
316 Posts
What's a la lotion and ga lotion if you don't mind telling?
La stands for Lactic Acid and Ga standard for Glycolic Acid. If you’re not familiar with peels or chemicals start off with these types of lotions because TCA is pretty strong. I wouldn’t recommend it for newbies.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Thank you! I will definitely try some peels.
Start with something milder like Lactic acid peels or a peeling oil. TCA peels, as I mentioned, are a deeper peel that would be good for tougher areas of the body like elbows and knees, but its too advanced people just starting out. If you just starting instead try a low percentage Lactic and glycolic acid peels first just to see how you take to it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
What's a la lotion and ga lotion if you don't mind telling?
I think I've tried all the exfoliating lotions. The best one are glytone (glycolic acid) and fair and white aha lotion (lactic acid).

Amlactin is good as well.

Also, treating dark knees will take time. It may take a year or so to see an improvement. Start with a low 10-12% la or ga lotion, and then work your way up to a stronger lotion such as 17% ga lotion, glytone .

✨Slow and steady wins the race✨

1 - 9 of 9 Posts