Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please read THOROUGHLY ... I am not being mean but I will not reply to questions which i have already answered. I see people on here being asked the same questions numerous times even though they already answered it.

So hear is my story...

I first started my journey in feb 2012 and reached my goal in may 2012. However i had surgery done in may 2012 so i had to stop lightening for 3weeks so i redarkened.

I restarted lightening in june 2012 and got back to my goal in september 2012.

Oh yeah my goal was my avi lol.

My 2nd time around lightening was better for me because i made ALOT of mistakes the 1st time which gave me PIH. So darkening and starting over kinda helped in a way because i was able to fix some of the PIH and i knew what to do and not do this time.

Im currently just maintaing and fixing my problem areas knuckles, toes, elbows and knees <sigh>lol

I keep it pretty simple i don't believe you have to use a million products at once to get results and it works for me. Consistency is the KEY, before i reached my goal i never missed one night of applying my cream. Sometimes i would not do it in the daytime but night time is a MUST for me.
So here goes my regi....

Supplements:
2000 mg Vitamin C pills per day
1000 mg Msm per day
100 mg Pycnogenol per day(took a break from nac and started taking this instead)

Face Am:
Wash with likas soap/Goat milk soap
Apply Dr. lewinn tone perfecting serum

Body Am:
Wash with Likas/Goat milk soap
Apply Skin light cream

Face Pm:
Apply nadinola extra strength

Body Pm:
Apply Ra 0.1% by itself 3 times a week(i think 0.1% works best for people who is naturally dark skinned 0.5% takes forever to work)
On the other 4 nights i would switch up between skin light, carotein nourishing cream, amlactin 12% or if my skin looks too red like its irritated i just put oil alone on my body and go to bed

I hope my results motivate other dark skin girls on here who think its impossible to lighten a few shades and look natural also. I thought it was not possible until i found this site and i'm so grateful so i had to share my results with you guys.

Everywhere i go i get complimented on my skin and how good i look. Some people don't even recognize me lol. All my friend's say i look so natural if they didnt know me before they wouldn't be able to tell that i bleached my skin. The attention i get since i have lightened has been ridiculously higher than before. I love the compliments i get it motivates me to stay on top of my regi. I feel so much better about myself, my whole attitude is better too lol. I did not want to over do it or get too light. i just wanted a nice caramel skin tone no lighter than nc45(thats my current shade) and i love it!

Here goes my before and after pic... Enjoy lol

Ps. I will be taking them down soon

My skin tone in this pic might be exaggerated a bit because of the lightening so i added another pic taken outside in the day time

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi Caius, you buy it on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002OCNMC/sr=8-3/qid=1347936172/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1347936172&seller=&sr=8-3

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hello Congrats on your results!! Looks very natural! all this with no face peels or anything wonderful! Glad to see you got good body results from Skin Light just by using it straight and not mixing it with anything or even doing any peels as many do. I have Skin Light as well but have not used it consistently as I should. Thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Congrats on your results!! Looks very natural! all this with no face peels or anything wonderful! Glad to see you got good body results from Skin Light just by using it straight and not mixing it with anything or even doing any peels as many do. I have Skin Light as well but have not used it consistently as I should. Thanks for sharing!!
Thanks hun... i tried peels first time around and hated it. I did tca the first time around also on my hands and it made them get darker than before. Ra and amlactin lotion works well for me exfoliating my skin and also the sea salt baths is a big plus too. I just started mixing the skin light cream with the skin light oil. Just use it every night even if u dont use it in the day time and trust me u will get results but make sure u use it with an exfoliant or your just wasting your cream. I have nights i'm so tired but i push myself to get up and put my cream on lol

Now that i reached my goal i'm more motivated to do it at night because when i see how good i look it pushes me to do it more lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks hun... i tried peels first time around and hated it. I did tca the first time around also on my hands and it made them get darker than before. Ra and amlactin lotion works well for me exfoliating my skin and also the sea salt baths is a big plus too. I just started mixing the skin light cream with the skin light oil. Just use it every night even if u dont use it in the day time and trust me u will get results but make sure u use it with an exfoliant or your just wasting your cream. I have nights i'm so tired but i push myself to get up and put my cream on lol
Yea those peels seem scary to me, well anything above a LA peel does, which I was thinking about doing but have not yet, if I do it will be the very low strength since LA has help in lightening properties, so I have done or 3 pumpkin peels I let me cousin who is an esthetician does it for me and they worked well, helped clear up my lil acne for sure. ..As far as Skin Light I did not know they had an Oil?? I have Amlactin and RA too and YOU ARE RIGHT you have to do these things everyday to get the results you want. i do not take any supplements, thinking about Vitamin C, but again have to remember to TAKE it everyday..lol.. How do you plan to maintain?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea those peels seem scary to me, well anything above a LA peel does, which I was thinking about doing but have not yet, if I do it will be the very low strength since LA has help in lightening properties, so I have done or 3 pumpkin peels I let me cousin who is an esthetician does it for me and they worked well, helped clear up my lil acne for sure. ..As far as Skin Light I did not know they had an Oil?? I have Amlactin and RA too and YOU ARE RIGHT you have to do these things everyday to get the results you want. i do not take any supplements, thinking about Vitamin C, but again have to remember to TAKE it everyday..lol.. How do you plan to maintain?
Yea they are scary, every time i used them in the past they burned the hell out of me and i hate that. I love RA0.1%!!! I swear by that it literally peeled the black off me and some stretch marks i had on my butt you can hardly even see them now. I struggled all my life with acne and dark spots, ever since i've been using ra on my face i have no acne and it got rid of ALL my dark spots. My face is now flawless lol

I actually just found out about the skin light light oil and have been using it like 2 weeks now. I like that the cream goes on better with it. The supplements i just take them every night right after i put my cream on. I think the help to give that natural glow to your skin.

My maintenance now is...

Face- No more daytime applications
nadinola extra strength 4 times a week, walgreens aha cream/dr lewinn serum/ra 3 times a week

Body- No more daytime applications
Skin light cream 3 nights a week on my body, carotein/amlactin/ra 3 times a week and once a week i let my skin breathe with a sea salt bath then put oil on my body and got to bed.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yea they are scary, every time i used them in the past they burned the hell out of me and i hate that. I love RA0.1%!!! I swear by that it literally peeled the black off me and some stretch marks i had on my butt you can hardly even see them now. I struggled all my life with acne and dark spots, ever since i've been using ra on my face i have no acne and it got rid of ALL my dark spots. My face is now flawless lol

I actually just found out about the skin light light oil and have been using it like 2 weeks now. I like that the cream goes on better with it. The supplements i just take them every night right after i put my cream on. I think the help to give that natural glow to your skin.

My maintenance now is...

Face- No more daytime applications
nadinola extra strength 4 times a week, walgreens aha cream/dr lewinn serum/ra 3 times a week

Body- No more daytime applications
Skin light cream 3 nights a week on my body, carotein/amlactin/ra 3 times a week and once a week i let my skin breathe with a sea salt bath then put oil on my body and got to bed.
YES ! I was soo afraid of RA at first but using has help so much , and I was only using 0.025% on my face, although I do have 0.5% and 1%, which was waay to strong for my face, so the 1% would have to be for my body if anything since that is thicker stronger skin. Maintenance plane sounds good for and too the point, Im sure it will continue to work. I see in your reggie you used the RA just by itself a few days , was it just a small amount because those tubes are small, well the onles I have or do you know where I can get bigger tubes. Now where did you buy the Skin Light Oil from?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
YES ! I was soo afraid of RA at first but using has help so much , and I was only using 0.025% on my face, although I do have 0.5% and 1%, which was waay to strong for my face, so the 1% would have to be for my body if anything since that is thicker stronger skin. Maintenance plane sounds good for and too the point, Im sure it will continue to work. I see in your reggie you used the RA just by itself a few days , was it just a small amount because those tubes are small, well the onles I have or do you know where I can get bigger tubes. Now where did you buy the Skin Light Oil from?
well they are small tubes but u don't need to put on alot though. i think it works better when used by itself and not mixed. Plus the 0.1 absorbs quicker and better because its a gel. i just order like 15 at a time from all day chemist for like $77(shipping included) and one tube lasts like 3 nights for me or sometime 4 nights because once certain areas starts peeling you don't put ra on those areas for a day or 2 so u kinda save some like that.

My maintenance been going good so far no problems. You can buy the skin light cream and oil at http://www.guesso.com/sklisklioils.html

·
Registered
422 Posts
Please read THOROUGHLY ... I am not being mean but I will not reply to questions which i have already answered. I see people on here being asked the same questions numerous times even though they already answered it.

So hear is my story...

I first started my journey in feb 2012 and reached my goal in may 2012. However i had surgery done in may 2012 so i had to stop lightening for 3weeks so i redarkened.

I restarted lightening in june 2012 and got back to my goal in september 2012.

Oh yeah my goal was my avi lol.

My 2nd time around lightening was better for me because i made ALOT of mistakes the 1st time which gave me PIH. So darkening and starting over kinda helped in a way because i was able to fix some of the PIH and i knew what to do and not do this time.

Im currently just maintaing and fixing my problem areas knuckles, toes, elbows and knees <sigh>lol

I keep it pretty simple i don't believe you have to use a million products at once to get results and it works for me. Consistency is the KEY, before i reached my goal i never missed one night of applying my cream. Sometimes i would not do it in the daytime but night time is a MUST for me.
So here goes my regi....

Supplements:
Every night
2000 mg Vitamin C pills
1000 mg Msm
100 mg Pycnogenol

Face Am:
Wash with likas soap/Goat milk soap
Apply Dr. lewinn tone perfecting serum

Body Am:
Apply Skin light cream

Face Pm:
Apply nadinola extra strength

Body Pm:
Apply Ra 0.1% by itself 4 times a week(i think 0.1% works best for people who is naturally dark skinned 0.5% takes forever to work)
On the other 3 nights i would switch up between skin light, carotein nourishing cream, amlactin 12% or if my skin looks too red like its irritated i just put oil alone on my body and go to bed

I hope my results motivate other dark skin girls on here who think its impossible to lighten a few shades and look natural also. I thought it was not possible until i found this site and i'm so grateful so i had to share my results with you guys.

Everywhere i go i get complimented on my skin and how good i look. Some people don't even recognize me lol. All my friend's say i look so natural if they didnt know me before they wouldn't be able to tell that i bleached my skin. The attention i get since i have lightened has been ridiculously higher than before. I love the compliments i get it motivates me to stay on top of my regi. I feel so much better about myself, my whole attitude is better too lol. I did not want to over do it or get too light. i just wanted a nice caramel skin tone no lighter than nc45(thats my current shade) and i love it!

Here goes my before and after pic... Enjoy lol

Ps. I will be taking them down soon
Im about to cry right now...OMG...your color is absolutely GORGEOUS!!
I will be getting the dr. lewinns serum/like asap...I have every thing else except likas/goat milk....I need too buy like 10 retin a.s 1% for my body.....DAMN I AM ASTONISHED....WHAT YOU DO WITH THE HANDS? Are your hands the color of your body?!?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im about to cry right now...OMG...your color is absolutely GORGEOUS!!
I will be getting the dr. lewinns serum/like asap...I have every thing else except likas/goat milk....I need too buy like 10 retin a.s 1% for my body.....DAMN I AM ASTONISHED....WHAT YOU DO WITH THE HANDS? Are your hands the color of your body?!?
thanks hun... my hands r even, its just the the damn knuckles... its improving but moving slowly but i started using ra0.1 2 times a day now so i will see how faster it moves

·
Registered
567 Posts
Omg guuuurl you look so flaw less and your skin complexion is beautiful and glowing. I'm so jealous.. time for me to get started on a regi and take this skin lightening seriously.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts