Skin Care Talk banner

141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
@ Aasfaahlam The most important step in skin lightening is to exfoliate your skin before using a skin lightener, it could be in form of an AHA lotion use this for at least 4 weeks and use an exfoliating scrub or sponge in the shower. This will remove all the accumulated dead skin allowing better penetration of your skin lightener. Do your research and decide if you want to go the hydroquinone or natural lightener route. Use your skin lightener in conjunction with Retin A gel or cream it is always advisable to start with a low strength and use 3x a week till skin adjusts to it. The Retin A aids in the penetration of your lightener. Make a skin regimen and stick to it in order to see results always access and listen to your skin in case it reacts to a product. When you have reached your desired goal then use you skin lightener 3 times a week for maintenance. Hope this helps

·
Registered
333 Posts
Is skin light good for the face?
No ma'am. Skinlight only darkens the face. I keep seeing that skinlight doesn't do well by itself either. I never used Skinlight with any other product so I guess that's one reason why I was unsuccessful with it. At that time I didn't even have enough money to get anything else. I still have my skinlight, fairly new, but I don't think I'll be using it again.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I used skin light mixed with carotein hydro lotion, carotein toning gel and maxi peel #3 and literally darkened over night. Needless to say I stopped using it immediately.

·
Registered
130 Posts
@dark2caramel
Hello, I really want try your regimn! I live in australia and all the products here don't work I would love if you linked all the websites and items you use! please it would mean so much to me, thank you in advance xx

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi, dark2caramel. If you dont mind, can you give me a link to the retin a that you buy? Thank you
Hello, I'm not [email protected] but I believe most people get theirs from alldaychemist or just use the seach bar ([lave to buy RA). Hope this helps. Welcome to SCT!

·
Registered
16 Posts
You have no idea how much you've helped me as a beginner!!!
Others give you one tip at a time and you stop asking cuz you don't want to be a nag. This is the most effecient post I've come across on here. Whoooop!

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
You have no idea how much you've helped me as a beginner!!! :marchmellow: Others give you one tip at a time and you stop asking cuz you don't want to be a nag. This is the most effecient post I've come across on here. Whoooop!
Don't worry about being a nag, ask the questions you need too........its the only way you learn! We all were newbies once ourselves :cheers:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get RA 0.1% cream in th UK? It's a struggle right now! All I can get is Retinol which according to my research is weak sauce compared to RA. What can I use as an alternative if I end up not finding it??? @gymrat... anyone?

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get RA 0.1% cream in th UK? It's a struggle right now! All I can get is Retinol which according to my research is weak sauce compared to RA. What can I use as an alternative if I end up not finding it??? @gymrat ...anyone?
Hop on a group order we have going here on the forum. I believe they are UK based members...........let me look for the thread for you. And yes retinol is similar but not as harsh, would take you longer to get results.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Heres a great thread for you........... http://www.skincaretalk.com/t/43011/members-in-london Here is the group order. So what you do on a group order is all pitch in on shipping and it helps keep your costs down. http://www.skincaretalk.com/t/46196/adc-london-orders

·
Registered
218 Posts
Has anyone had any luck with the regimen in this thread? I've put together a regimen (which is quite similar) that I think will help cure dark butt syndrome! Feel free to try and share results. It's worked for other areas of my body FYI. Kojie San soap and scrub areas with exfoliation gloves or Korean Italy towel (KIT), then apply lightener, HQ or Kojic acid based (I ise nadinola and g&g) and then twice a week use Retin A (I use the strongest 0.1%). And occlude with the creams 3/4 times a week. I've been doing this minus the occluding which is why I dnt think I've been seeing results, plus I'm very inconsistent. However it's worked for other areas of my body. Good luck! Let me know if you try x

141 - 160 of 163 Posts