Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to enjoy plucking my white heads right under my lip.Kidding aside, I pluck it just because i only want to. Now, I notice that it slowly turning into a dark spot. It is not that 'dark" so far but I will not wait for further damage right?what remedy will i use?

*all advice are appreciated*

^_______^

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Hi--I had laser hair removal but prior to this I used to use an epilator, mechanical, to pull the hair on my legs, underarms and bikini area out. As a result I noticed "freckles" in many of the areas where the follicles were. After laser they slowly started to fade. My guess is that trauma to a follicle, also where whiteheads form, will likely lead to hyperpigmentation. Leave the area alone and then I would probably try to use an OTC fade cream. If that does not work you may be able to get a doctor to prescribe tri-luma, it got rid of my melasma in days! I now use it infrequently but at times.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Trauma to a follicle can lead to hyperpigmentation. To treat anything whatsoever caused by a trauma, I'd see a professional (dermatologist) B4 trying prodicts myself & possibly doing more harm than good.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Only a P.S or Dermatologist would prescribe tri-luma so if you did get a prescription it would be with someone aware of any downsides to the medication but as someone who has had melasma and also had follicle damage that caused pigmentation--it is usually not permanent from follicular damage though it can be. Tri-luma cleared my melasma right up and because of the ingredients I do not think it would do harm but rather would deal with the hyper-pigmentation. In turn though, you would need to deal with potentially dry, flaky and irritated skin, I did get that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts