Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am trying to lighten my skin. I already have a lot of dark spots. When I apply lightening cream it seems that the dark spots get worse. I need to fix this issue within a month. What’s a way to ensure that both my dark spots and normal skin get lighter. i feel disheartened whenever I apply lightening creams and 3 days later my dark spots are so evident.
what can I dov

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No hydro quinine and Tretinoin but the tret makes my face sooo red. I just want these scars to disappear my acne has been gone for many months now thank god but scars still persist

·
Registered
7 Posts
hydroquinone and steroid products are known to do that. Especially hydroquinone if you are taking any skin lightening supplements. Are you using spf 50 physical (zinc oxide) sun screen?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Lotion SPF50 88mL. Is that good enough? It doesn’t really say anything about zinc. Or does sunscreen always have to be with zinc in cases like that . That may be the problem as I’m always wearing sunscreen.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I believe I just answered your other post about this issue. Are you using lightening creams or HA and RA?? If your using HA/RA is it being prescribed? If so, good.......otherwise, I would recommend you see a Derm or qualified Dr (one who treats acne). So many things they can do to help speed up the healing process for you. Don't suffer through it. Also, what other products are you using? Cleanser, lotions, etc?? Those are just as important in helping things clear up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really thought I will have to suffer.
Yeah I was predicted retin a from derm as well as hydroquinone. I can’t believe I haven’t seeen great changes. You mentioned there’s more things I can do. What exactly are they. These are the items I have I just don’t know how to best use them in combination of each other.
Hydroquinone
Retin a 0.025
Azelaic acid
Vitamin c serums
Vitamin e oil
Kiehls clearly corrective dark spot solution

side note: if you know how I can fix this faster please let me know. Like what products etc I can buy and incorporate in to my routine. I don’t mind if they are skin lightening products as long as they do not break me out like steroids . (The reason why I got thishuge breakout first time in my life...didn’t know the cream had steroid my family member just said it’s good for you face. Ugh so ignorant of me. Lost my once clear skin....but here’s hoping I can gain it again.) 💜

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I really thought I will have to suffer.
Yeah I was predicted retin a from derm as well as hydroquinone. I can’t believe I haven’t seeen great changes. You mentioned there’s more things I can do. What exactly are they. These are the items I have I just don’t know how to best use them in combination of each other.
Hydroquinone
Retin a 0.025
Azelaic acid
Vitamin c serums
Vitamin e oil
Kiehls clearly corrective dark spot solution

side note: if you know how I can fix this faster please let me know. Like what products etc I can buy and incorporate in to my routine. I don’t mind if they are skin lightening products as long as they do not break me out like steroids . (The reason why I got thishuge breakout first time in my life...didn’t know the cream had steroid my family member just said it’s good for you face. Ugh so ignorant of me. Lost my once clear skin....but here’s hoping I can gain it again.) 💜
Awesome to hear you are seeing a Derm for this, that alone will help you!! Ok.......so tell me, is the Azelaic Acid a cleanser or toner or?? What % is the HQ and what % and type of RA? Stay away from lightening products when your acne prone, they will NOT help you they will only make things worse!!
This is how I would go about it....
AM
Cleanse
Apply Vit C serum
Apply moisturizer ONLY if you need too, the Vit C serum may be enough in the beginning. A moisturizer can consist of a simple facial oil like Jojoba oil just be sure its 100% pure, and isn't mixed with any other oils. I can give you links of examples if you need. And, 1-2 drops if plenty for your entire face. Don't fear oils, its just knowing which oils will work for acne prone and which won't. Jojoba oil is a god send for acne prone. Stay away from Vit E oil its too heavy for acne prone skin.
Sunscreen if going outdoors, if not, skip it.
PM
Cleanse
If your Azelaic is a toner use it.
Take a dab of HQ, and a dab of RA, mix in your finger tips then apply. Don't apply anything over this. If you find your skin still looks irritated, back off of the HQ, and just apply the RA.
I would not apply the Kiehls spot corrector. Right now you need to keep your routine simple. Its much easier to figure out what products are working for you and which aren't when you keep it simple. I would stick to jojoba oil (pure) in place of a moisturizer. Your skin will improve in time, just be patient and consistent. Also, try to change your pillow case every other day if possible, this will help you as well. Did your Derm prescribe anything orally? Antibiotics, etc? If not, I would ask for them the next time you go in. But what you currently have is a good starting point.

Do not get discouraged, I have been in your shoes before, having tried just about everything, and eventually you will find out what will work and what won't. I am always available and willing to help you in any way I can (y) 🙏 💕

1 - 8 of 8 Posts