Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed over the last few months that my top lip is getting darker and making me look like i have a dark moustache. It is really quite embarassing and doesn't go away with makeup. I was wondering what products people have used and what has worked. I am really wanting to lighten it if possible cause it is getting quite distressing.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi mialisa05, and welcome! That is an easy to fix. I had dark freckles on the tip of my noise and got the nick name "brown noser)! My upper lip was a darker colour as well. I bought this whitening cream from "Barielle" and it worked like a charm. I found my tube at Home sense for 4$. Good luck hope this helps

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Hi Mialisa05 & welcome! You say that suddenly your upper lip turned dark over the last few months? That is odd...while you're using your lightening cream to fix the problem, try to think of anything in your life that cabruptly changed over the past few months: unusual sun exposure? an illness? a major dietary change or shift in weight? You may be able to fix this easily with Barielle like Mony did but to prevent it from happening again, you would do well to figure out what is causing this to occur in the first place.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Ok so last night i got a little bold. After seeing a picture of myself where my lips looked darker than i liked i got an idea when i spotted a bottle of vitamin C pills before bed... I turned it on the back and saw the ingredient was ONLY absorbic acid.. being that i planned to buy some from skinactives anyway, i crushed the vitamin C pill up and after lightly brushing my lips i painted on the powder vitamin c and went to bed.. Not even 2 min later my lips were on FIRE
i tried to hang on for another minute but thats all i could bare.. The story ends with my lips dry and peeling already and even now they feel absoluely HORRID... so in case my story saves anyone, there ya go! Although i doubt anyone is that silly to begin with...
my lips look dry and busted... hope they repair soon

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Thanks PinkMoscato
. OK, so I DEFINITELY won't be crushing up a vit c pill to use on my face (I had vaguely thought it might work).

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi PinkMoskato, yes that would be the one- it isn't an instant cure but it does work, well it did on me. Hope it works just as well on you! But the thing I like the most was the price. The cream is really thick, and a little goes a long way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts