Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and I am peeling every where. What can I do to speed this process up, this peeling skin is making me crazy.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Fabulous!!!!! That's what you want, I just used Emu Oil to keep me moist and I found that worked well. I didn't pick because the instructions said not to and I'm a rule follower.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
and I am peeling every where. What can I do to speed this process up, this peeling skin is making me crazy.
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

They call these peels for a reason Chunch-

Apply RA on it at night. Lightly exfoliate it with a cloth if you have one. Just take it easy and don't use it with too much pressure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i did a 15 percent tca but i put on several layers,,, and i am all ready sloughing off one day after, and i am swollen like all hell, is this normal

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
i did a 15 percent tca but i put on several layers,,, and i am all ready sloughing off one day after, and i am swollen like all hell, is this normal
Are you sloughing/flaking or are you peeling? It turned brown and then peeled? I am assuming you are just flaking since it has been just a day. It takes several days for the skin to turn brown and then peel.

It gets red. Then a little swollen. Then really tight. Then starts turning brown. Then the peeling begins.

How many layers of TCA? Did you frost, and was the TCA from MUAC?

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes it was from muac,, and I would say that it is more brownish than red,, and its definately sloughing off,, i was using neosporin,, and now vaseline,, the area that is sloughing off, actually turned greyish,, and as i am applying the vaseline,, its coming off and there is pink skin underneath

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
yes it was from muac,, and I would say that it is more brownish than red,, and its definately sloughing off,, i was using neosporin,, and now vaseline,, the area that is sloughing off, actually turned greyish,, and as i am applying the vaseline,, its coming off and there is pink skin underneath
And you applied this yesterday? I usually just apply neosporin the day I apply my peel. Then just let it do its thing. If I need to apply anymore neosporin I will be only in the sensitive areas. Mouth, nose, etc.

I think it is too soon for you to be peeling. But that is just my own experience with doing them. Flaking yes, I could totally see. But not actually a peel. It starts in certain areas, and peels on the outside edges first before letting it peel the entire piece off. IF that makes sense to you-

My whole face doesn't peel all at once. But in the areas that are peeling, it normally starts on the outside edges and take a few days for the inside area to finally peel. I have had an area peel from the outside edges first and take a couple days for the entire piece to peel off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i am keeping it vaselined up,,lol,, ,, its the area that got the heavest layers,, about 1/2 inch under the lower lip,, its was weeping and now sloughing off

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
i am keeping it vaselined up,,lol,, ,, its the area that got the heavest layers,, about 1/2 inch under the lower lip,, its was weeping and now sloughing off
Just be careful. And keep an eye on it. A couple layer of 15% you should be fine, depending on your skin type. Check out this thread and compare yours to how sandia's looks in her pictures. It might make you feel better.

http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...spot-peel.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
My doesn't look like that,, mine looks more like i have a mudd mask on,, i stayed away from my eyes,, and its like a brownish-orange color,, I took some pics, I will try to put them up by tomorrow,, I finally saw a neighbor that used to work in a dermatologist,, and she said that it looks okay but more of a peel i would have gotten at the doctor,, she said its definately a deep peel,,,

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hmmm, I think I would continue with the Neosporin in the areas that your skin is weeping, you sure don't want to get an infection, it certainly won't hurt to be on the cautious side...what do you think gymrat ?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, now I know why they say to leave it alone and not to peel it yourself. I have one area by my eye that was peeling and all I could see out of the corner of my eye was a huge flap of skin hanging and I peeled it off. Now it is very red and when I wash with my cleanser it stings.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Congrats! Mine didn't do a whole lot. Next time maybe. No picking now or washing with washcloths! It so hard not to mess with it huh. I just had a tiny bit of peeling ( mostly flaking) and I just kept touching it and sort of gently grazing it with my nails. I don't know how I am going to leave it be when I go heavier next time. Thank for keeping us updated it really helps knowing the phases your going through. I can be better prepared for next time.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Hmmm, I think I would continue with the Neosporin in the areas that your skin is weeping, you sure don't want to get an infection, it certainly won't hurt to be on the cautious side...what do you think gymrat ?
Heck yes, if it is weeping, I would be concerned, if it were my skin. Everything else sounds ok, but the weeping part....... not so good. Especially if we are talking weeping as in oozing.

Neosporin, neosporin, neosporin.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Well, now I know why they say to leave it alone and not to peel it yourself. I have one area by my eye that was peeling and all I could see out of the corner of my eye was a huge flap of skin hanging and I peeled it off. Now it is very red and when I wash with my cleanser it stings.
Chunch on the red/raw spots apply neosporin. Also apply it right before you wash and that will protect those area's so you don't get the sting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I am on my second day,, still moderately to severely swollen,, no real weeping,, but alot of the skin as come off,,, i kept the vasoline packed on and most of the brownish skin sloughed off, when i did my cleaning,, only problem now is the reddish skin underneath is now exposed,, and it is on fire,, like an extremely bad burn,,, and the red,,is extremely red,,,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts