Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I peeled my skin too early. I've been using oils mixed with HA, then slathering antibiotic ointments on the areas I peeled and today it feels leathery and tight again. I knew I'd peel again, but this time I'm NOT going to peel until the skin falls OFF. The tightness and leathery look may not be apparent in the pics and my face is red from RA last night. Especially my chin!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really hope this one puts more of a "dent" in my lines. If not, I'll do it again in about 6 weeks.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm also looking forward to what skin improvements occur over the next year with my new serums and RA!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Sandia
By "peeled too early" do you mean too soon between other TCA peels,
or peeled the skin off before it was ready to fall off?

I am a picker and I picked my skin in my sleep last night apparently. I woke up with patches of red raw skin today. This isn't as easy as I thought!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I really hope this one puts more of a "dent" in my lines. If not, I'll do it again in about 6 weeks.
Looks really good to me. So far so good.

Hey you can't help the skin that falls off or is accidentally scraped off. Keeping the fingers away is my biggest challenge.

Have you tried to go out at all? If so does makeup cover very well?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sandia
By "peeled too early" do you mean too soon between other TCA peels,
or peeled the skin off before it was ready to fall off?

I am a picker and I picked my skin in my sleep last night apparently. I woke up with patches of red raw skin today. This isn't as easy as I thought!
I peeled it myself- too much from where the skin was loose. Some of it was clearly not ready to be peeled, but I don't think my skin is damaged. I've seen pics of people who had deeper peels who picked and peeled too early and had to be prescribed antibiotics orally. AWFUL looking! Bleeding, swelling, etc. My skin was just very tender and red. I wouldn't go any higher than 30% on my face myself. I would have a facial plastic surgeon do any peels deeper than these. It's flaky today and some areas are a tad loose, but I'm not peeling- just washing my face and gently wiping the peeling areas away. Any little bit of skin that comes off then I'm fine with. Still putting antibiotic ointment on it.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks really good to me. So far so good.

Hey you can't help the skin that falls off or is accidentally scraped off. Keeping the fingers away is my biggest challenge.

Have you tried to go out at all? If so does makeup cover very well?
I haven't been out since I did this spot peel- just to the mailbox! But, my mineral makeup covers really well as I've used it before. The best way I have gotten the best coverage is to mix my mineral makeup with my primer and apply it with a very soft brush. "Wet" application. Does a great job. I know a lot of women who prefer to apply mineral makeup mixed with primer and just brush and buff it on that way. Normally I do my primer on my face, then buff my minerals.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I haven't been out since I did this spot peel- just to the mailbox! But, my mineral makeup covers really well as I've used it before. The best way I have gotten the best coverage is to mix my mineral makeup with my primer and apply it with a very soft brush. "Wet" application. Does a great job. I know a lot of women who prefer to apply mineral makeup mixed with primer and just brush and buff it on that way. Normally I do my primer on my face, then buff my minerals.
I will have to try that after I do my peel. I always have a hard time getting anything to cover up and it looks better to me just left alone. One of those, why apply something when it will only makes it stand out more, kinda of deals.

So you would mix your mineral makeup like the Halo with primer? Then apply it? Or are you talking a liquid mineral?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will have to try that after I do my peel. I always have a hard time getting anything to cover up and it looks better to me just left alone. One of those, why apply something when it will only makes it stand out more, kinda of deals.

So you would mix your mineral makeup like the Halo with primer? Then apply it? Or are you talking a liquid mineral?
What I do is put some primer in a big top/cap (A bare escentuals top) then I dump my SH in and get my brush & mix the minerals (dry) with the primer and brush it on. It makes a thin paste- trial and error will let you know how to eyeball the right amounts of minerals/primer. It looks really good. Every now and then I'll do that on my "regular" face, but for the most part I like to just do primer, then dry minerals. If I'm really* flaky, the flakes still show some, but the coverage over red/pink skin is good.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Have you ever used a liquid mineral makeup?

·
Registered
154 Posts
oooh great tip on the Primer/MM. I will have to try this. I went to get my hair styled today and my stylist knew right away that I was peeling from a chemical peel. She has them done and was very interested that I had done this at home myself. I told her I would give her the link to this board so she could start researching. She was all excited (grin) I am so glad I found her, she is an awesome gal and a fantastic stylist. They do Botox in this salon also. I have never done it but I bet I will soon! (big grin) She has it done and she looks fantastic......Sorry, I'm digressing here...........

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
oooh great tip on the Primer/MM. I will have to try this. I went to get my hair styled today and my stylist knew right away that I was peeling from a chemical peel. She has them done and was very interested that I had done this at home myself. I told her I would give her the link to this board so she could start researching. She was all excited (grin) I am so glad I found her, she is an awesome gal and a fantastic stylist. They do Botox in this salon also. I have never done it but I bet I will soon! (big grin) She has it done and she looks fantastic......Sorry, I'm digressing here...........
They do it ALL in Vegas deb, I was there in August-

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes they do! give me a shout next time you come out. Sometimes I can get free tickets to the shows being that I am a local. Barry Manilow was awesome as were KC and the Sunshine band, Beach Boys and Air Supply. Even though we are sort of Homebodys, when DH is not out of town we try to take in a show every month or so. So much to do here! Quite different from Montana (grin)

Oh, and Sandia you are absolutely gorgeous! That is you on your avatar right?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes they do! give me a shout next time you come out. Sometimes I can get free tickets to the shows being that I am a local. Barry Manilow was awesome as were KC and the Sunshine band, Beach Boys and Air Supply. Even though we are sort of Homebodys, when DH is not out of town we try to take in a show every month or so. So much to do here! Quite different from Montana (grin)

Oh, and Sandia you are absolutely gorgeous! That is you on your avatar right?
Yes, me. Thank you very much!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts