Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
What are you wanting to achieve? If you are looking for anti aging benefits and something to help with fine lines, I would recommend Retin A.

Also, SkinActives has a great anti aging cream. You can look at their products. I have been happy with everything I have bought from their site.

Skin Actives Scientific : Anti-Aging Cream with Resveratrol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been using for about 3 yrs alot of skin ceutricals...just think i need to change anti aging creams..I do use retin A maybe once a week [i have to be careful as very drying for me]My skin for 58 is pretty good but have some wrinkling around my mouth and crows feets...also a few in middle of my cheeks brown spots.I checked out the Skin Actives but had never heard of it anyone else besides gumrat use?Thanks for any help.RE

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have been using for about 3 yrs alot of skin ceutricals...just think i need to change anti aging creams..I do use retin A maybe once a week [i have to be careful as very drying for me]My skin for 58 is pretty good but have some wrinkling around my mouth and crows feets...also a few in middle of my cheeks brown spots.I checked out the Skin Actives but had never heard of it anyone else besides gumrat use?Thanks for any help.RE
SkinActives product line is very good. I have their eye cream & moisturizers. I make my own Vit C serum which I think may be beneficial for you. I also use HA (hyaluronic acid) Serum that I got with my Baby Q it's called Silk Baby Quasar Pure Silk Daily Anti-Aging Hyaluronic Formula at spalook.com
I change things around every month or so and find that this method works best for my skin. I use Green Cream instead of Retin-A which keeps my skin hydrated. In the winter (live in New England which means brutal winters!!) I use Green Cream every other night instead of every night. I also like Philosophy moisturizers and peels. Another favorite of mine is Jojoba Oil. I massage a little on my face and then use a warm facecloth to open up my pores. I followup with Philosphy cleanser or Microfiber Cloth to exfoliate.

·
Registered
296 Posts
What are you wanting to achieve? If you are looking for anti aging benefits and something to help with fine lines, I would recommend Retin A.

Also, SkinActives has a great anti aging cream. You can look at their products. I have been happy with everything I have bought from their site.

Hi Gymrat-

I have been taking your advice so far and have gotten my samples of Juice Beauty and am also looking on the NCN Proskin line that everybody hear raves about and am going to order some products. My question and forgive me if this has been answered in another thread is do I need a day and night cream that has all the peptides and other cutting edge ingredients if I'm using a serum that has all that stuff too? This is all so confusing?

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Hi Gymrat-
I have been taking your advice so far and have gotten my samples of Juice Beauty and am also looking on the NCN Proskin line that everybody hear raves about and am going to order some products. My question and forgive me if this has been answered in another thread is do I need a day and night cream that has all the peptides and other cutting edge ingredients if I'm using a serum that has all that stuff too? This is all so confusing?
The answer is no. But it definately won't cause you any harm. I have a serum that has all the peptides ect and I also have creams that have the same ingredients. I like the serums when I don't need that extra moisture and the creams when I do. Sometimes I will use the serums in the AM and the creams in the PM. Just really whatever you are comfortable with. But layering products with the some of the same ingredients really isn't a problem if that is what you like.

As far as NCN goes, the micro fiber cloth is amazing as well as the Pro pumkin peel. It isn't a "peel" per se. You don't actually peel layers of skin, it is more a good exfoliator and a beautiful glow is the finished result.

Pro Pumpkin Peel Exfoliate is KEY to Younger Acting, Looking, Feeling Skin. Our products exfoliate and nourish the skin at the same timeÂ*-Â*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

Microfiber Cleansing ClothÂ*-Â*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

·
Registered
296 Posts
The answer is no. But it definately won't cause you any harm. I have a serum that has all the peptides ect and I also have creams that have the same ingredients. I like the serums when I don't need that extra moisture and the creams when I do. Sometimes I will use the serums in the AM and the creams in the PM. Just really whatever you are comfortable with. But layering products with the some of the same ingredients really isn't a problem if that is what you like.

As far as NCN goes, the micro fiber cloth is amazing as well as the Pro pumkin peel. It isn't a "peel" per se. You don't actually peel layers of skin, it is more a good exfoliator and a beautiful glow is the finished result.

Thanks gym rat for the info. I am definitely going to try out these products. Now if I could hit the lotto because I there are so many things I want to try! I guess a little at a time!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Thanks gym rat for the info. I am definitely going to try out these products. Now if I could hit the lotto because I there are so many things I want to try! I guess a little at a time!
Dingomate, don't buy everything at once. Buy one item a month if you can afford too. But yes, winning the lotto would be fantastic-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Toni, if you are using the BabyQ Silk serum, it has copper peptides - so be sure to leave 12 hours between using it and using vitamin C serum since they counteract each other according to EDS peeps.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Lexilu,

Personally I like 'Boot's Time Delay' products but if you like those creams you've used for years you could do the following:

Skin becomes drier as we age so you could ADD an oil to your base cream. I suggest wheatgerm oil which is rich in Vitamin E.

You could also try 'Neal's Yard' products which are good for skin and contain few if any additives.

Hope this helps,

redrose

Neal's Yard Remedies - Organic skin care | Natural remedies | Neal's Yard Remedies
Boots - Health and Beauty Shopping, Pharmacy, Prescriptions, Chemist - Boots

1 - 12 of 12 Posts