Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
33,802 Posts
Ok are you ready for my answer..........I have many many many friends who do this to their husbands, brothers, boyfriends, sons, etc, who ever will let them do this, they will. And it looks and works amazing.

Get wax, the kind you heat in the container. Get popsicle sticks. Heat the wax, dip the popsicle sticks in the was, yep.......stick it in your nose, not too far, let it sit for a few minutes, and then........pull it out fast!! I know sounds gross but, it works, and it works well.

my husband won't let me try this on him, but I have seen the results, and it is very clean, and it last a long time. Were I live, we all get together and have waxing parties. The husbands are now starting to show up to have their noses done! We do backs, arms, legs, you name it!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Pluck them out as they appear. You can become quite adept at it and feel when it is time to go after them. It hurts less and less the more you do it.
Better than trimming with scissors which leaves "stubbies".

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
You need to be careful with nose hair. A bad "pluck" can end up in an infection and it can be dangerous as it can travel into the sinus cavity and even the brain! I would suggest using a trimmer. They sell very effective trimmers (and you will need it when you get old and get hair on your ears!).

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Ok are you ready for my answer..........I have many many many friends who do this to their husbands, brothers, boyfriends, sons, etc, who ever will let them do this, they will. And it looks and works amazing.

Get wax, the kind you heat in the container. Get popsicle sticks. Heat the wax, dip the popsicle sticks in the was, yep.......stick it in your nose, not too far, let it sit for a few minutes, and then........pull it out fast!! I know sounds gross but, it works, and it works well.

my husband won't let me try this on him, but I have seen the results, and it is very clean, and it last a long time. Were I live, we all get together and have waxing parties. The husbands are now starting to show up to have their noses done! We do backs, arms, legs, you name it!
Yikes
....sounds worse than the scene in Deuce Bigalow, American Gigalo.

Errrr...maybe not.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

haha you're not supposed to take everything out, if you do so you destroy some of the nose functions. But yeah taking out some will probably help. I used to have this cheap machine for this, when I find it I'll post the name of it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's a great little strategy. I will give it a try. Reminds me of that episode of MTV jackass where Steve-O waxes his entire body. Even his pubic area and eyebrows. He looks like an alien. i'll give that trick a shot next time I feel like cleaning out the nose area, I'm tired of scissors.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
You need to be careful with nose hair. A bad "pluck" can end up in an infection and it can be dangerous as it can travel into the sinus cavity and even the brain! I would suggest using a trimmer. They sell very effective trimmers (and you will need it when you get old and get hair on your ears!).
Thanks for the warning Lexi, but I have been doing this for years without any problem. It doesn't leave little stubbies like trimmers do and the hairs eventually grow in finer and sparser.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,802 Posts
Gymrat! LOL I just re-read this and it's even funnier the 2nd time!
Lol, oh yes, see the things we must do in Cali for entertainment-
you could move here and send your DH over for a wax job-

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
How do so many people have nose hair? I always considered myself normally "haired" but reading the last couple of days I am wondering! I do not have nosehair nor facial hair to pluck--just excessive eyebrow hair! Yes Fawnie, many people do and most are ok but it is that rare time when one will become ingrown and then get infected. It is not a great place to have an infection as they can travel to the sinuses and the brain! Given it is rare I would not want to risk it personally.

Krazyloveaffair, why not get a little clipper? I got one for my father one year and he uses it to this day! It is a tiny electrical razor that can go in your nose!

Thank heaven I do not have nose hair because I would be growing a jungle in there--I cannot get a finger into my nose let alone more! I have abnormally small nostrils!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Aren't more salons now offering nostril waxing as a service? I have yet to have it done myself, apparently there a few places in London offering it, why not Google "nostril waxing" + the city you live in? That's how I found out about salonds here that offer the service.

at gymrat - how on earth do you have the pain tolerance to wax your own nostrils, LOL? I can't even pluck without wincing, which is why I go for the option of Remington trimmers.

·
Administrator
33,802 Posts
Aren't more salons now offering nostril waxing as a service? I have yet to have it done myself, apparently there a few places in London offering it, why not Google "nostril waxing" + the city you live in? That's how I found out about salonds here that offer the service.

at gymrat - how on earth do you have the pain tolerance to wax your own nostrils, LOL? I can't even pluck without wincing, which is why I go for the option of Remington trimmers.
Oh we have waxing parties all the time. We don't wax our nostrils, just the husbands that show up.

After a couple drinks, no problem!! It truly is amazing and works great!! I highly recommend it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts