Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was looking through some papers in Google Scholar (great website lol) and i found a research on a substance called DeoxyArbutin. It is said to have been tested to be 350 times as effective as arbutin, 150 times effective as Kojic Acid and 10 times as effective as Hydroquinone in skin lighteing!...it is also has been stated to be much much safer than HQ. so what do you guys think about it? and where can we purchase it in cream form? as ive only seen it in powder form from like tradekey.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Saw it on tradekey too. I'd like to see more studies to back this lofty mfgr's claim. It would be great IF it turns out to be true. Google Scholar is fantastic. There's very little BS on there. Typically, when there is, it is patent-type info published by the manufacturer using their own studies to back their claims. The lack of objectivity is easy to spot. Once double blind placebo controlled objective studies are published we'll know for sure! Let's keep our eyes peeled for this.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep im willing to try this out and make a log for this for about 6-8months but i just need help in making it into a cream!? as its in a powder what would i need and use? and how would i go about making it into a cream?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no there are two places tradekey and alibaba. i have sent off an email to the listing for the alibaba one and when hear back will tell u. im also going to send off to the tradekey in a bit so i can compare. it says 99% purity that sounds pretty strong!!! what i really need to know is how do i make a powder into an appliable cream? what base do i use etc? i need like a step to step guide if any one can give me that ill be very greatfull!!!??

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Paul Walk, maybe you can request a sample (not telling them that you are just a consumer). And when you receive the sample, you can have it tested to check it's purity and how it can be properly mixed into a cream.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hey guys i was looking through some papers in Google Scholar (great website lol) and i found a research on a substance called DeoxyArbutin. It is said to have been tested to be 350 times as effective as arbutin, 150 times effective as Kojic Acid and 10 times as effective as Hydroquinone in skin lighteing!...it is also has been stated to be much much safer than HQ. so what do you guys think about it? and where can we purchase it in cream form? as ive only seen it in powder form from like tradekey.
By those numbers, HQ is EXTREMELY more powerful than Kojic Acid or Arbutin. I'm beginning to wonder if Kojic/Arbutin are a waste of time.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wooo guys i just got the prices back and for 1 gram its 0.95 pounds and for a kilo its 871 pounds!!!!!!! how expensive is that!!!?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I would love to have some of this.. my knees and elbows need something much stronger than a typical fade cream>>>

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Wooo guys i just got the prices back and for 1 gram its 0.95 pounds and for a kilo its 871 pounds!!!!!!! how expensive is that!!!?
That's a lot for something that we are not completely for certain if it even works or not. Try asking for a sample first if they'll give it to you.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Before I'd feel comfortable even thinking about a recipe. I'd have to know more about deoxyarbutin. Can you post a product monograph from the mfgr? Typically it lists info like solubility, whether it requires a hydrophilic base, melting temperature & appropriate concentration, safety data etc.

http://www.tradekey.com/product_view/id/964350.htm

I found the following on tradekey re deoxy-arbutin. They make some dubious claims. I'm off to Google Scholar to see what the research says. Note that the chemical name includes phenol.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hmmm...

All these new names for lightening ingredients. I wonder how long they test them. Kind of reminds me of different diet products on television. Basically, they use human guinnea pigs and, then, they do recalls.

Deoxy-Arbutin:

Store in full closed container in a cool, dry place. Light and air can darken the product.
Avoid strong acids and strong bases.
Advising dosage is 0.1%-3%.

That concentration would take some serious calculations, lol. 0.1% - 3%

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Someone here is a med student. I just went blank & forgot his name. Over in anti-aging there's a guy who chemist who worked in the cosmetics industry for years too. I'm sure, when the time comes, we'll be able to turn to them for help with the calculations.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Reyaz mentioned something about a school lab.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
That's the name, Goddess. I'd gone completely blank.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey eternal sorry havnt replied much havnt been on this thread in a while! regarding the deoxy-arbutin im requesting a sample and i will hopefully compound it into a cream, i am not really sure that i want to splurge out on 800 pounds for somethin we are not 100% certain it will work so im just gunna try out the sample and hopefully get back to u guys!!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Hi Paul. Yes, I agree. Best to try a sample enough just to see a difference an then go from there if it works. I wish you best of luck with it and please keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts