Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of getting some next month...500g for $700

pretty pricey though, do you guys think its worth it?

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you have the money then why not. DA looks promising by what Madelong posted but I'm not fully convince. Is the DA distributor reputable and source genuine?

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
the only problem is that there is no way to tell that they are genuine and a sample is ridiculously expensive not to mention we NEED more conclusive studies on Deoxy Arbutin.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think the studies are pretty much done- the product is being sold so-- except for the long-term studies showing that it doesn't cause cancer-- which are done and submitted to the European Agency but not yet approved-- no more studies are being planned.
Now it is up to folks to use it and see how well it works-
We obtained a delta L of 8.0 points on skin grafts that had established hyper-pigmentation ( human studies) with 5% dA in a simple cream.
As far as the expense-
well it does seem pretty expensive- but also it seems that you should be able to buy, like an 8-weeks supply instead of 500 grams-

hmmm....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Madelong, I can't speak for everybody but I'm not sure what to make, occasionally, your technical jargons...delta L of 8.0...what? Indeed, it is expensive. Maybe you can hook us up with some cheap samples? Do you have some left over from the studies? I'll be glad to be the guinea pig.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Problem is it doesn't keep well-

but there may be some stuff out there uncompounded-

remember that you need to stabilize teh pH and also need antioxidants...

How many grams of cream ( 1%, 3% or 5% dA) would you be making at a time?

--also- remember to try on a small, inconspicuous place first-

just get like 5 grams, make up aenough just to see if you have the formultion right and that you have no adverse reaction first-

·
Registered
94 Posts
Madelong, do you think Prevage can be effective? It contains deoxyarbutin; the percentage is unknown but ingredients are listed in ascending order based on amount.

·
Registered
524 Posts
it should be for FREE in the USA until they provide proof it works in clinical trials -- like SOLAGE (mequinol), which only caused disfiguring white speckles and red irritation on ethnic skins.

dont forget deoxyarbutin is just another synthetic hydroquinoid phenolic, among the other arbutins and hydroquinone derivates.

there are 666 Arbutin-related Patents to date, according to the us gov:

Patent Database Search Results: arbutin in US Patent Collection

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Problem is it doesn't keep well-

but there may be some stuff out there uncompounded-

remember that you need to stabilize teh pH and also need antioxidants...

How many grams of cream ( 1%, 3% or 5% dA) would you be making at a time?

--also- remember to try on a small, inconspicuous place first-

just get like 5 grams, make up aenough just to see if you have the formultion right and that you have no adverse reaction first-
Thanks for the comments guys. This quotation is for uncompounded material. I will go for 5%, Im trying to get hold of the antioxidants first. Ill see if I can get hold of a sample.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Are there any other places to purchase dA? That is more reasonably priced?

Madelong...should I invite you for tea? Since your not too far from my location?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Mitch should send some as a courtesy, to the whoever the moderator is on here. or, well anyone interested in testing it.

who is the moderator of Skin Lightening?

·
Registered
84 Posts
LOL- I don't know who the moderator is-
but I do like a cup of tea-
however- I don't have any dA at the moment- I did find a compounding pharmacy however so it is likely that I could get some made up- into a nice cream anyway
Let me consider the best way to do that-

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Although I'm temprted & curious re DA, that is one heck of a price to pay for something that so little is known about. That really is a lot of money!

·
Registered
524 Posts
i hope Mitch should make some available, but whoever 'test' it on their skin agrees to post b/a pic.

china suppliers are in no way trustable no matter how professional they appear online considering there is a deoxy patent and considering ppl hav been scammed so much esp cuz of all the fraud coming out of Fengdu area addresses since the town will soon be history.

lol @ tea, Eternal u also in the Carolinas?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts