Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone im a newby . Ive just perchased a derma roller. has anyone else used one and how are you getting on with it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi suzieque and welcome to the site.

I don't use the derma roller but have seen some discussion about it on one of the other threads. I think if you go to the 'search' button at the top of the page and put in Derma Roller you will be able to read what some of the others have to say about it.

All that aside, please let us know how you go with it, I'd be interested to hear.
Thanx

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi suzyque,

I've not used one that has 'micro-needles'. I've used a small similar contraption from the Body Shop that cost a few pounds and it does stimulate the skin.

In the UK a new procedure has just been launched and it involves treatment with a professional derma-roller with lots more needles than one that you can buy on-line.

No-one I know has had this treatment. I'm considering it for the future.

Has anyone out nthere had it done?

Best wishes,

redrose

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I purchased one and am waiting for it to arrive.
You may want to watched this link
I would like any feedback if anyone has had either negative or positive results.

YouTube - Derma Roller Instructions - How to Use a Dermaroller
Hi Unique!! Longtime, no see-
mail keeping you busy??

I have 2 derma rollers. One for my scalp/eye area and one for my face. I just recieved mine last week and have only lightly use one of them. I am not a pro by any means with this little device. It actually scars me-

Hopefully Mimi, Fawnie or anyone else with more experience will chime in and help you out.

Don't forget about us-

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi Gymrat, Yes mail has been keeping me working 6 days a week and the days were starting at 4:00 a.m~Ewe!

I too ordered two. I read that numbing cream is a suggestion prior to using the roller. I think I am going to experment under my bangs just in case the outcome is anything resembeling Frankenstein

You said the roller "scars" you? Is that with tiiy holes? According to the things I have read and video's I have watched your not to leave the house for a few days.

I would never forget about my family on SCT! I live daily by what I have learned on SCT and am getiing more fabulous looking by the day
Occasionally I do check in to read new posts even though I dont comment so I am lurking about.
Hope to learn more about the derma roller, mine should arrive next week.

I hope all is well with you Gymrat

Hi Unique!! Longtime, no see-
mail keeping you busy??

I have 2 derma rollers. One for my scalp/eye area and one for my face. I just recieved mine last week and have only lightly use one of them. I am not a pro by any means with this little device. It actually scars me-

Hopefully Mimi, Fawnie or anyone else with more experience will chime in and help you out.

Don't forget about us-

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Hi Gymrat, Yes mail has been keeping me working 6 days a week and the days were starting at 4:00 a.m~Ewe!

I too ordered two. I read that numbing cream is a suggestion prior to using the roller. I think I am going to experment under my bangs just in case the outcome is anything resembeling Frankenstein

You said the roller "scars" you? Is that with tiiy holes? According to the things I have read and video's I have watched your not to leave the house for a few days.

I would never forget about my family on SCT! I live daily by what I have learned on SCT and am getiing more fabulous looking by the day
Occasionally I do check in to read new posts even though I dont comment so I am lurking about.
Hope to learn more about the derma roller, mine should arrive next week.

I hope all is well with you Gymrat
Hi Unique!!

I am sorry, not scar, as in a scar. I was saying scare, and forgot my "e"-
I am sorry, if I had you worried.

I have heard about those that use it with numbing cream, I tried the small one for the eye area and had no problems with pain. I know fawnie has said to take it easy as some can be left with skin looking like hamburger. So just don't go overboard, and use good judgment-

You know the ol song and dance Unique, that never changes with us SCT girls-

Don't work too hard, and don't forget to drink your water when your out there pounding the pavement in that heat!!! There should be a national mail carriers day, to show appreciation Unique-

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I ordered a derma roller but haven't received it yet. IIRC the needles are .25 mm?? Small. I'm gonna take it slowly. For those who use that and RA, would your derma roll, then apply RA??? Or do it on the days off from RA?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Ohhhh Scare
, not scar Whew!
That's OK, see what I wrote? "Is that with tiiy holes" what the heck was thant? Perhaps I left the (n) out and was asking "tiny holes" LOL!

Your very kind Gymrat....We're breaking record heat already this summer, in the upper 90's, low 100's brutul!

Oh and I forgot to mention I too went on vacation, took a train to P.A for 10 days, the weather was actually cold but enjoyed time with my 2 grandsons.

Hi Unique!!

I am sorry, not scar, as in a scar. I was saying scare, and forgot my "e"-
I am sorry, if I had you worried.

I have heard about those that use it with numbing cream, I tried the small one for the eye area and had no problems with pain. I know fawnie has said to take it easy as some can be left with skin looking like hamburger. So just don't go overboard, and use good judgment-

You know the ol song and dance Unique, that never changes with us SCT girls-

Don't work too hard, and don't forget to drink your water when your out there pounding the pavement in that heat!!! There should be a national mail carriers day, to show appreciation Unique-

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I ordered a derma roller but haven't received it yet. IIRC the needles are .25 mm?? Small. I'm gonna take it slowly. For those who use that and RA, would your derma roll, then apply RA??? Or do it on the days off from RA?
I have 0.2mm and 0.5mm, I have not tried it yet before or after RA. I know some on EDS use it with RA, I am just always a chicken.

Just go slow when you first start out. I haven't had any problems so far.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I have 0.2mm and 0.5mm, I have not tried it yet before or after RA. I know some on EDS use it with RA, I am just always a chicken.

Just go slow when you first start out. I haven't had any problems so far.
I got it in the mail today. I'm gonna use it in a few minutes lol! I rolled it on the back of my hand on the way back from Mildenhall (My daughter was driving!) and it was slightly red for an hour or so. I'm about to wash my face, use the roller and use my Vit. C serum. Here's hoping I don't look like a freak tomorrow!

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
I got it in the mail today. I'm gonna use it in a few minutes lol! I rolled it on the back of my hand on the way back from Mildenhall (My daughter was driving!) and it was slightly red for an hour or so. I'm about to wash my face, use the roller and use my Vit. C serum. Here's hoping I don't look like a freak tomorrow!
SanDIAA!!!!! If you are smoking dont use it!!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Oh please let me know how it goes for you!! I will wish for the best. Really, I have no problems so far. Just remember, go easy until you know how you are going to tolerate it.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Well, it felt prickly when I rolled, and I looked mildly sunburned til about 2 hours ago. It's nearly 8 PM now. I used RA afterwards, then oils. I still looked a TINY bit pink today, but not irritated. BTW, I have had one cigarette today. Still gonna use the roller. I threw out all of my cigarettes, but frankly, if I were to continue smoking, I'd still use the roller, and I've continued using RA while smoking, but I had decided not to do another TCA peel until I quit. I also have some reservations about the Chantix side effects. Not really keen on having the side effects. I quit with no outside aids before, so I'm trying it again. Wish me luck, pray, whatever... I'm sick of smoking.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I have the derma roller ... I have used it several times ... it doesn't motivate me to use it for some reason ... I forget about it ... it really didn't 'do' much ... it's okay ... my face became pink and that's about it!!

Libra with Love

1 - 20 of 48 Posts