Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone!

has anyone here heard of the derma roller? the lady that has been doing my facials suggested that i buy one, which the salon keeps as it is not safe to use at home.
It is a roller with needles which penetrates the skin making tiny holes into the dermis, these holes stay open for 30 min, and then allows products to penetrate the skin much deeper with great results. BE AWARE: there are many copy products of the derma roller on the internet, but please note it is best to have a skin care professional use this because if it is not done correctly inflamation can be caued leading to terrible results.

the one that she will be using for me is the 0.5mm which is perfect for pigmentation.

·
Registered
524 Posts
thx for the info

from where can i get a good one? price?

i would never use this to get hq or other harsh chemical-containing products into my skin other than some retin-a.

i would lub to use it to treat some ugly battle scars, though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Good morning everyone!

has anyone here heard of the derma roller? the lady that has been doing my facials suggested that i buy one, which the salon keeps as it is not safe to use at home.
It is a roller with needles which penetrates the skin making tiny holes into the dermis, these holes stay open for 30 min, and then allows products to penetrate the skin much deeper with great results. BE AWARE: there are many copy products of the derma roller on the internet, but please note it is best to have a skin care professional use this because if it is not done correctly inflamation can be caued leading to terrible results.

the one that she will be using for me is the 0.5mm which is perfect for pigmentation.
I was googling "what build collagen" and the derma rollers is dominating the search...looks interesting!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Good morning everyone!

that sounds painful...but what do i know!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm no expert, but I agree with guesswhoiam.. don't think I would use it for RA or HQ. Seems liket that would be too harsh. But for topical vitamins and the like, it may be a good idea..? I don't know if I would use it, but do some research on it and maybe it works well.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I have been using 1.5mm of Dr Roller brand, it's a little expensive than others, but I only trust this brand since so many many people using it and gave excellent feedbacks in other skin care forum.

I bought from:
Dr Roller Derma Roller Supplies Source

Coupon code to get extra 10% additional discounts GetMyMinus10
What kind of results are yo getting with it 2cents? What problems are you using it for and do you use any products with it??

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
222 Posts
What kind of results are yo getting with it 2cents? What problems are you using it for and do you use any products with it??
I just started using it a couple weeks ago and I rolled 3x so far. I can see my face became rejuvenated. It's been fine no problem at all. I am using Dr Pickart's copper peptides after I rolled.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does the roller actually help remove pigmentation marks as well? i have read about how great it is to remove scars, wrinkles etc, and there is little talk about pigmentation... the thing is that i am lookign at buying one - so do you think the roller is better than IPL laser?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hi everyone, i have been doing some reasearch on the derma roller, and i also dont think it is safe to just put any product on the sking after rolling, maby just like a vitamin serum or so. when rolling the tiny little holes it makes stays open for about 30min, so wait before putting any harsh creams on. from what i have heard and read this sounds like a great product - it is like accupancture on the face. some people says that punching holes in the skin cant be good, but i think it is much safer than doing a peel, coz instead of peeling away sking, you are promoting healy functioning of collagen production... so anyway i am going for the roller treatment on Mondya and will keep you updated from personal expierience

1 - 14 of 14 Posts