Skin Care Talk banner

Dermatologist Here for Your Skin Questions

2K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  demrof 
#1 ·
New poster here from Miami. I work as a dermatologist and am able to answer any questions people may have.

Look forward to browsing around and contributing where I can.

#6 ·
Hi , Maybe you can help me. I have been taking Prednisolone (steroid for rheumatoid arthritis) for about 4 years and will be longer term. Side effects - skin thinning and fragile skin. I get broken capilleries on my face and arms and chest. My skin is so dry and thinner . My mosturizers are not up to it anymore. Can you recommend anything that might be benefitial? I will look 70 at 45 at this rate!!

#19 ·
Ha Ha! That was funny, Fawnie. My little malti-poo is looking at me like, "what's so funny?"

#12 ·
Yeah - and really any advice that a doctor gives here will be termed "medical" by lawyers in a potential lawsuit, let's face it. Anyway, giving such advice is clearly against the rules of the site. If a doctor did have time to chat on this board, or had a personal interest in skin issues, I highly doubt that he/she would identify himself/herself as a physician.

#14 ·
well.......as you guys can see.......ol' gymrat over here never partakes in these strange red flag introductions, like this one. I always read them and think......oh ya ok, now if I were a Dr. who did this kind of talk everyday in the office, do ya really think I would come home and search the internet for skin care forums????
Are you kidding me???? Please MiamiMD, your killing us here. Either our forum is really entertaining or business is really slow for you in Miami!!

#16 ·
I am new here. I just read some of the topics. What can a person do for frown lines besides botox? I use most of the creams out there and there has been some small improvements, but still see deep frown lines. What creams do you recommend? The most expensive cream I tried lately is Dermaglow. What other creams are successful?

#25 ·
Hi, Thanks for your intro and the kind offer of help. I'm new to the forum, and wondered what I should do for my facial skin. I used Nair yesterday, and followed all the rules. I only left it on for 4mins. Yet one side of my face is really sore, and marked with red blotches as if it has been burnt. There is only one small mark on the right side of my face. I would be grateful if you could tell me what I should use on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.