Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I'm an African girl with medium brown complexion( Oprah color). I want to be as light as Tyra Banks or Halle Berry at least

Questions

1) Is this an unreasonable goal? As in too much?

2) After reading about the products that some of you have used I have decided to go with Diana Stadler so I thought I might as well put up a page where I can read reviews about their products.

Please state your ethnicity, original coor, color after D.S. (Diana Stalder) as well as how long it took you to achieve hat color. Please also state type of product(s) used.

Discalimer: By asking you to state your ethnicity, I'm not being racist. I just want to know what works for different pple especially black people seeing as I'm black.

Thank you

·
Registered
88 Posts
theres a link somewhere in the forummm
im still not sure as in what too tryyy
diana stadler seems to be #1 in this forumm

·
Registered
117 Posts
Makemeyellow,

What made you decide on Diana Stalder? Firstly, is it proven to lighten? Its a product from the Phillipines, your skin color is way far in the medium compared to the models you'll see advertising this product, Phillipino models. I've used Ã*t and it did not lighten. I did not do my research just thought to try, so please do your research and have your facts. My skin type is like Kelis's, Nas's wife.

Your goal is reasonable. You'll have to be patient and use a product that is proven to lighten backed by documented scientic research. When you identify the product to use, use it well and stick to it and compliment it with others that accelerate it qualities, for example, exfoliating.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You need not find a product that has scientific research behind it, although skin lightening isn't new its not needed to sell. Skin lightening is a huge industry and getting scientific work to prove that a product works is pointless and it wont help push the product, not to mention the cost. For new companies starting out, thinking of scientific data to back its claims is unrealistic. The most you can hope for is to read up on the ingredients, know whats in the product thats accounting for the lightening affect.

I myself am a fan of DS, it works, but very slowly and depends on skin type. I would recommend the papaya soap or glutathione soap... Try it for 3month then determine if you want to continue to go from there.

In the meantime you can also add Hydroquinone to your regime, a low % lotion. As well as, pills (theres a lot so take your pick).

I'm taking a lot of the upper level sciences now and have a job in a research office in Sept. I will be carrying out trials looking for a stable/effective lightener. Will keep posted once i start working bla bla bla.

GL and happy lightening

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys, I'm back .I'm still as dark as Oprah. I ended up getting too caught up with life & not lightening my skin but I wanna start now.Just dont know what to use?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi guys, I'm back .I'm still as dark as Oprah. I ended up getting too caught up with life & not lightening my skin but I wanna start now.Just dont know what to use?
you don't know how much i feel your pain
i feel the same with all of this skin lightening thing
so exhausting..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts