Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason why Im considering neoprosone vit c brightening gel is because it does not contain steroids unlike the other versions however I read horror stories on Amazon about this product causing burning and darker spots as well as mixed reviews (some saying it works and others saying it does nothing). Any experience with this?

I am also considering other OTC options such as Ambi fade cream, does anyone have any good recommendations especially for a newbie

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
The reason why Im considering neoprosone vit c brightening gel is because it does not contain steroids unlike the other versions however I read horror stories on Amazon about this product causing burning and darker spots as well as mixed reviews (some saying it works and others saying it does nothing). Any experience with this?

I am also considering other OTC options such as Ambi fade cream, does anyone have any good recommendations especially for a newbie
I used neoprosone vit c cream from Mitchellbrands on my face in 2016. It was really nice, smelt great, made my face smoother and brighter. I used it as a maintenance cream while I was on a break from hq and it worked perfectly, though I still prefer Lemonvate vit c (also from Mitchellbrands) over Neoprosone vit c. None of these products contain steroids so long as you get the MITCHELLBRANDS version and not Espharma version which is known to have steroids

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I am trying to remove hyperpigmentation around my mouth and under my eyes, do you think this will work for that? If not, could it be used to lighten the entire face (I am a newbie)?

Thanks for the reply!
Yes neoprosone from Mitchell can both lighten the face and reduce hyperpigmentation, but I'd recommend using it with something like kojie san soap for better results. Kojie san is a good lightening and exfoliating soap
Lather your face with kojie san soap, leave it on for maximum 5 mins and rinse off, pat yourself dry then follow it up with neoprosone cream/gel. In case you're going out to the sun add sunblock on top. You can also incorporate the neoprosone serum if you have extra cash to spare
YW 💜

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
neoprosone from Mitchell can both lighten the face and reduce hyperpigmentation
Can the vitamin C version do this? or only the original maroon/white tube?

but I'd recommend using it with something like kojie san soap for better results. Kojie san is a good lightening and exfoliating soap
So far I have been taking glutathione and vitamin for over a month and I also started exfoliating with KIT/Amlactin a few weeks ago as well as using Kojie San. I am already starting to see results however as I lighten my hyperpigmentation becomes even more noticeable so I want to take care of that as well for an even skin tone

Also my body is a lot darker than my face and its mainly due to a bad sunburn so far I have been using Amlactin and Kojie San on it but any recommendations to take it up a notch and start seeing changes?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Can the vitamin C version do this? or only the original maroon/white tube?

So far I have been taking glutathione and vitamin for over a month and I also started exfoliating with KIT/Amlactin a few weeks ago as well as using Kojie San. I am already starting to see results however as I lighten my hyperpigmentation becomes even more noticeable so I want to take care of that as well for an even skin tone

Also my body is a lot darker than my face and its mainly due to a bad sunburn so far I have been using Amlactin and Kojie San on it but any recommendations to take it up a notch and start seeing changes?
I've used only neoprosone with vit c, sorry I have no experience with the original one

For hyperpigmentation, I find the best way is to spot treat it with a lightening serum. After applying your lotion, pump a few drops of your lightening serum and rub it on the hyperpigmented part only - there's a wide range of serums to choose from depending on the goals of your regimen eg if you're going the natural route you can look into kojic acid/arbutin lines etc

Amlactin + kojie san are a good place to start. I'd advise using these for at least 6 weeks for exfoliation before incorporating a lightener for even lightening. After the 6 wk exfoliation period, add a suitable lightening lotion/cream of your choice. If you just want to get rid of the sunburn without necessarily lightening you can add glycolic/lactic acid peels every 2-3 weeks - but be very careful while doing these. Do lots of research and if you're not comfortable doing them yourself get a professional to do them for you💜

1 - 6 of 6 Posts