Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Retin-A, Differin, and Tazorac all fall under the category of retinoids - vitamin A derivates. They are used for exfoliation and undoin all kinds of damage to the skin. Do you guys know what the differences between them are? The reason I ask is because most of us are using Retin-A but the other two differin and tazorac, especially tazorac which I heard is great at evening the skin and better than Retin-A. So we could be using tazorac instead of Retin-A and hydroquinone 4% to get better lightening results, cant we?

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,845 Posts
Differin Gel .3% (Adapalene) Drug Information: Uses, Side Effects, Drug Interactions and Warnings at RxList

Retin-A Micro (Tretinoin Gel) Drug Information: Uses, Side Effects, Drug Interactions and Warnings at RxList

Tazorac Cream (Tazarotene Cream) Drug Information: Uses, Side Effects, Drug Interactions and Warnings at RxList

Each have different active ingredients. I have used them all, and I think Differin is by far less aggresive than taz or retin a. Differin is a gel form with 2strengths. With the RA you can choose between cream or gel, with different % strengths. The cream being the stronger of the 2. Taz is a cream and you can choose between % strengths with it as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts