Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to discontinue use of retin-a once again because the peeling and shedding is simply too much to be part of a practical skin regime. There is only so many times i can take someone saying "What the hell is goin on with your face?!" So I am finished with RA, and going to continue with my HQ treatment
OMG! F&F is sooo expensive compared to what i've been using!

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Reyaz, since you stopped RA, use a glycolic acid cream or a Lactic Acid cream along with your HQ twice a day to get similar exfoliation benefits that you would get from the RA, there will be no noticeable redness, peeling, irritation with the glycolic or lactic acid cream and your skin will be exfoliated very well/glow. Another option is to use Differin which is a retinoid, the same class as REtin-A but no redness, irritation, flaking whatsoever because its the gentlest. Ok, sorry, last option is retinol which is also great.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Ligthen N Lift,

Do you need a prescription for Differin or you can get it over the counter, any suggestion on what brands are best for getting rid of fine wrinkles and dark spots

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
You can buy it from alldaychemist.com or medsmex.com, and im sure there is a whole bunch of other online pharmacies that dont require prescriptions. The generic name for Differin is adapalene. What brands are best for fine wrinkles and dark spots, besides Retin-A? I would say these ingredients work at those: retinol, vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid), E, Ferulic Acid, a european sunblock, and lactic acid peels. Brands that have these are Skinceuticals C E Ferulic, Skinceuticals Retinol, RoC Retinol (there are other retinol creams available online for cheap but these are the supposed best and scienitfically backed), Lactic Acid peels you can get at makeupartistschoice.com, and European sunblocks include: La Roche Posay, Vichy, Bioderma photoderm Max, Avene Emulsion.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I am going to discontinue use of retin-a once again because the peeling and shedding is simply too much to be part of a practical skin regime. There is only so many times i can take someone saying "What the hell is goin on with your face?!" So I am finished with RA, and going to continue with my HQ treatment
OMG! F&F is sooo expensive compared to what i've been using!
Reyaz, I know what you mean!!! I am SO RELIEVED to know that I won't be flaky or red anymore. Hopefully all the acids in the F&F will have close enough of an anti-aging effect as the RA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts