Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..within 4 weeks of taking msm in form of a powder with juice (doctors best brand) I've stopped as it gave me really bad side effects. I've put on more than half a stones+ am having trouble sleeping at night. I take my msm+vit c before 9am with breakfast as i though the earlier I took the better my sleep will be but boi was I wrong. My sleeping pattern has really messed up, am always tired and dozing of to sleep at work...my mum gives me the funny eye as if to say why are you always tired...i know exacly what she's thinking (lol)
....so therefore I've stopped taking msm although I love the effect it had on my skin i just cant carry on, so I was wondering If i can get some help in mix my msm powder in a lotion to make a 15% msm lotion......does anyone have any clue suggestions, advices on how i can go about this.
...All welcome

Thank you

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done some kinna research, thats why i want help in adding it to a lotion so the powder dont go to waste since i didnt use much of either+i still want to experience the benefit of msm just not orally.

MSM lotion can not only help the skin become softer and more resilient but can be helpful to many skin disorders such as acne, psoriasis, fever blisters, dandruff, diaper rash and others. Research has shown that MSM can be very beneficial in reducing wrinkles, spots, stretch marks, scar tissue, burns and other skin damage.

Cbb also mentioned on one his threads that using a face/body mask that consist of sulphur works wonders on as it helps draws out toxins.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been obsessed w/MSM, and even more so w/DMSO, for a while now. From what I've researched, and been doing, MSM, is indeed wonderful for the skin, inside and out. i buy the liquid MSM, guzzle it each morning, w/out even measuring spoons, and spray it very liberally on the skin, then rub in till almost dry. It's no more toxic than water.
And I add it to my concoctions, substituting for water as well.
The only thing I've noticed, which may or not be attributed to MSM, is that I to wake up to urinate a few times at nite, which is no fun.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello all
I use a 15% MSM cream that I buy here in Australia. I also take MSM powder. I find the MSM cream makes my skin very soft . The drawback with taking it orally is the sleep issue . I never take it past four in the afternoon and drink more water when I'm taking it. I originally started with MSM and DMSO for dealing with chronic back pain.

·
Registered
353 Posts
But what evidence is there that topical application of MSM will do anything? did you read it somewhere or know someone who uses it??? Just curious if it works.
I put MSM in some of my serums and lotions and honestly think it improves them. I've also used it in C serum, and I do believe it makes a difference there too. It's said, that when applied topically it can help prevent the cross linking of collagen that results in wrinkles, and can also increase skin elasticity. (IMHO, it couldn't hoit..
)

Read a bit about the benefits here (including topical application);

http://www.healthandlifestyle.co.nz/...ylmethane_.pdf

MSM Methyl Sulfonyl Methane

MSM Rejuvenator

I'll dig out a couple of recipe's and post them if you'd like to try it..

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@kassy i want to put some in lotion and my vitamin c serum too but dont know how to go about it... it'll be greatttt if you could post some receipts pls..

Thank U hun

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OMG..exacly what i needed....thanks fawnie....much appreciated.XXxXx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have a recipe for MSM powder, mixed with lotion and tea tree oil? I was given a partial recipe saying "1 part MSM to 12 parts lotion and 1/2 tsp of tee tree oil".... but I don't know what "one part" is in comparison to the 1/2 tsp oil. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
33,735 Posts
Does anyone have a recipe for MSM powder, mixed with lotion and tea tree oil?  I was given a partial recipe saying "1 part MSM to 12 parts lotion and 1/2 tsp of tee tree oil".... but I don't know what "one part" is in comparison to the 1/2 tsp oil.  Any suggestions?  
I have made this one before, very easy to make. You could easily add tea tree oil to this. http://www.skincaretalk.com/a/kassys-msm-face-cream

·
Registered
9 Posts
The one above looks nice and simple enough. I know this is an old thread, but MRM has a 25% MSM cream which seems to be very nice and doesn't seem to contain any off the wall ingredients.

Didn't see it mentioned, but what MSM have people been using for their DIY MSM creams. Would there probably be benefits of using OptiMSM?

·
Administrator
33,735 Posts
The one above looks nice and simple enough. I know this is an old thread, but MRM has a 25% MSM cream which seems to be very nice and doesn't seem to contain any off the wall ingredients. Didn't see it mentioned, but what MSM have people been using for their DIY MSM creams. Would there probably be benefits of using OptiMSM?
I use OptiMSM. Jarrows or Source Natural are the brands that I have tried. I will have a look at MRM, thank you!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've used Kassy's msm face cream receipe above for a while now as a day cream. works well for me with no breakouts. my adult sons also like it a lot. I know the base cream and lotion are store bought but i'm very satisfied with both products. imo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is the secret to remove wrinkles?

Thanks for the info. Do you know if mixing MSM and 99.9% pure Aloevera Gel will reduce wrinkles? Or what is the best product to mix it with? Or does it work sufficiently if applied by itself? I cannot find any clear recipe which directly states that it will reduce or even better, remove wrinkles... have searched high and low for weeks on end without any success so far.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts