Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get this from SA and use it in their lotions/potions? If so how much or how do you mix it? If you use it what is your thoughts?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just read on a blog you shouldn't add it to Vit. C that it doesn't do well in an acidic environment.????

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Here is some info on idebenone I found that suggest it can be used in acid preparations:

Buy Idebenone: Collagen function, cellular energy production, and antioxidant for skin care.

PRIORI Skin Care Products - Idebenone, CoffeeBerry, Alpha Hydroxy Acid

Priori products use it with lactic acid.
Priori Even Tone combines idebenone with ascorbic acid and retinol! TWO acids:

Idebenone 0.5%, methyl gentisate 0.5%. Other depigmenting agents/vehicle: lactate/lactic acid, licorice extract, mulberry extract, green tea extract, grape extract, retinol, vitamin C, vitamin E. Sensitive skin complex: allantoin, glycolic acid, bisabolol, sucrose cocoate. Purified water, sodium lactate (and) lactic acid, glycerin, sucrose cocoate, glyceryl stearate (and) PEG-100 stearate, isohexadecane, isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate, sorbitan stearate, steareth-2, magnesium aluminium silicate, PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil, butylene glycol, titanium dioxide, methyl dihydroxybenzoate (methyl gentisate), hydroxydecyl ubiquinone (idebenone), retinol, tocopherol, licorice root extract, mulberry leaf extract, green tea leaf extract, grape extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, BHT, bisabolol, allantoin glycyrrhetinic acid, dimethicone, polysorbate 20, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, xanthan gum, cetyl hydroxyethylcellulose, disodium EDTA, propylene glycol, styere acrylates copolymer, hydrolyzed corn starch, ammonium hydroxide, diazolidinyl urea, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben.

\tPRIORI Even Tones

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder how much to add to Kassy's recipe?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No didn't spend a lot of time there. Yeah the C serum is good like it is.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Here's a good study showing why Idebenone doesn't do anything to improve a C, E + FA serum;

The results of this study show that ubiquinone, idebenone, and kinetin offer little to no photoprotective value in comparison to more established therapies. In addition, the slight photoprotective effect seen with commercial creams containing idebenone may be due to the sunscreen ingredients that they contain. Idebenone specifically does not increase the photoprotective value of an established antioxidant combination of C+E+ferulic acid. The results of this study also validate an earlier study showing that C+E+ferulic acid offers eight-fold UV photoprotection to skin (Lin et al., 2005).

Journal of Investigative Dermatology - Ubiquinone, Idebenone, and Kinetin Provide Ineffective Photoprotection to Skin when Compared to a Topical Antioxidant Combination of Vitamins C and E with Ferulic Acid

Aside from that, it's never a good idea to have a C serum bright yellow from the get go, (which Idebenone will do), unless of course you are a big cosmetics company trying to hide the 2nd stage of oxidation..

Also, it's an active that is more for spot treatments to lines and wrinkles, than for a treatment that is applied well, just about everywhere when you DIY..
Idebenone is also available as a supplement, and is showing very promising results for Alzheimer's patients.. Nice antioxidant, just not in a C serum I don't think.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
As far as photoprotection, yes, idebenone is inferior to C, E and ferulic this study says. But other studies show that it has promise. I agree tho that it shouldn't muddle up a good C serum like Kassy's!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've seen that blog. Did you notice that *EVERYTHING* she tries *GETS RID OF WRINKLES IN ONLY 10 DAYS* !!!!!
Fawnie, I don't understand this comment. Nothing ever got rid of my wrinkles in ten days... It took six months for me to get rid of my wrinkles. Are you confusing my blog with another?

I have never even mentioned "ten days" in my blog. I am quite embarrassed by this and hope you can write some sort of retraction. I used two products under my eyes that got rid of wrinkles in six months or so (IS Clinical Youth Serum and SA Bright-I). I have never had any other wrinkles to get rid of. I have some crepey puckering that I am trying to get rid of, but that's been months. As a medical journalist for over 30 years, I take very great care to present what I write in a non-dramatic manner as well, so I am sure it is not my blog to which you are referring.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Fawnie, I don't understand this comment. Nothing ever got rid of my wrinkles in ten days... It took six months for me to get rid of my wrinkles. Are you confusing my blog with another?

I have never even mentioned "ten days" in my blog. I am quite embarrassed by this and hope you can write some sort of retraction. I used two products under my eyes that got rid of wrinkles in six months or so (IS Clinical Youth Serum and SA Bright-I). I have never had any other wrinkles to get rid of. I have some crepey puckering that I am trying to get rid of, but that's been months. As a medical journalist for over 30 years, I take very great care to present what I write in a non-dramatic manner as well, so I am sure it is not my blog to which you are referring.
Fawnie must be referring to another blog.

I am a frequent flyer on your blog
I have NEVER seen you mention getting rid of wrinkles in just 10 days.

How is the IS and the Bright I going for you? Are you still liking them? I have thought about trying the two myself. I just ordered the bright eye yesterday.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Gym Rat, Thanks so much. I take great pride in being professional and so reading that was a bit of a shock. I have seen a lot of nonsense about ten days but certainly not on my blog. The IS and Bright-I continue to work! I have no sign of those little devils any more. I hope that combo works for others too. I see a few people are posting positively about the IS Clinical over at EDS, but I can't help feeling it was the two together that did it. Just a hunch, nothing scientific

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Hi Gym Rat, Thanks so much. I take great pride in being professional and so reading that was a bit of a shock. I have seen a lot of nonsense about ten days but certainly not on my blog. The IS and Bright-I continue to work! I have no sign of those little devils any more. I hope that combo works for others too. I see a few people are posting positively about the IS Clinical over at EDS, but I can't help feeling it was the two together that did it. Just a hunch, nothing scientific
I have read about those over at EDS liking the IS as well. I need to just bite the bullet and buy it!! I buy everything else, other than loosing shelf space, what is one more product going to hurt?

Well, for what it is worth, I have enjoyed your blog very much-
your skin looks amazing so you must be doing something right.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks again Gymrat. Yes, no junk science or 10-day miracles on my blog. I leave that to others. The "good skin" is a combination of genes, sunscreen every day, way too many supplements, and being obsessed with finding answers. You probably read about the ugly skin in the "crook" of my arms and saw the ghastly pic. I'm working hard on this one! It would scare Dracula I tells ya!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Antonia do you use the IS only on your eyes? That is where I am most unhappy right now those fine lines and crow's feet but they are very much diminished from just 6 years ago

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello Goatlady,

I have used the IS Clinical only on my eyes and only in the a.m. I use the Bright-I in the evening. For my face, I use the SkinActives AntiAging Cream in the a.m. and their Mitochondrial Boost in the p.m. I add Idebenone powder to the AntiAging Cream and carnosine powder to the Mitochondrial Boost and the AntiAging Cream. I use Shea Terra Rose Petal and Redbush cream on my neck, with a little carnosine mixed in.

The IS Clinical and the SA Bright-I are what got rid of my eye wrinkles completely. I can't say if it was one or the other or both, although I suspect both. There are literally no traces of the network that I had. None. This is what is so amazing. I did start using carnosine internally a year or so ago as well.

One more thing, the wrinkles appeared right after I had a lower bleph for fat pad repositioning. Some people have therefore speculated that the skin just automatically rectified itself over time. This could be the case although the cosmetic surgeon who did me and three dermatologists all told me that the skin would have to be REBUILT in order to be wrinkle free again and that I would likely just have to accept the wrinkles and get on with it. Haha.

The use of omega 3s inside and outside and idebenone seem to make my skin glowy. It definitely looks less translucent without these products.

That's a really cute goat by the way. Are you a Capricorn? My mother went into labour with me while holding onto the horms of a goat. It was her own, apparently a very large billy, and it suddenly went crazy and started butting her in the stomach when she was 9 months along. She grabbed onto its horns and hung on for over an hour, when my much older sister got in from work and rescued her. I arrived about three hours later, but I'm a Pisces.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes I am a Capricorn but I raise goats also. I never put the 2 together until now. It was the only animal I wanted to raise. I just love em to! Thanks for all the info you have provided. I may try the same combo for my eyes. I drink a protein shake with lots of amino acids but I checked and it doesn't contain carnosine. I will have to invest in that one. Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts