Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys hope you are well, I’ve decided to add KA (pure) and alpha arbutin into my glycolic lotion I’ve also added a preservative. I noticed as soon as I pour the ka and AA powder into the lotion the lotion turned from white to like a peachy color immediately does anyone know what happened? Is the lotion still effective?

·
Banned
67 Posts
Yea that’s what I’m thinking too but I was wondering if it’s still effective
So you literally just poured the powders into the lotion? I’m not sure how effective that method is, I’ve always been told to dissolve both AA and Kojic in warm water before adding it to a cream or lotion. Not saying you method doesn’t work, I just have no knowledge of it

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you literally just poured the powders into the lotion? I’m not sure how effective that method is, I’ve always been told to dissolve both AA and Kojic in warm water before adding it to a cream or lotion. Not saying you method doesn’t work, I just have no knowledge of it
No I didn’t pour it directly I dissolved it first before adding it

·
Administrator
33,874 Posts
Yea that’s what I’m thinking too but I was wondering if it’s still effective
Hi Saucey!! Glad you decided to give it a go. What base lotion did you use for this? @saucey yes it would still be effective, don't toss it. But wondering what base it was, it looks good otherwise (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts