21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
4,376 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Think I've got it together: I'm going to create a 3-4% KA /5% B3 cream for my face
And a 5%/ 6% B3 cream for my body using Sebamed Body lotion as the base. It's fragrance and dye free. I'm going to use Vitamin e oil as a preservative.

I think I'll try to do a KA serum at some point as well using the serum base from Makingcosmetics.

Does anyone know the formula used to create KA lotion?

·
Administrator
33,773 Posts
Think I've got it together: I'm going to create a 3-4% KA /5% B3 cream for my face
And a 5%/ 6% B3 cream for my body using Sebamed Body lotion as the base. It's fragrance and dye free. I'm going to use Vitamin e oil as a preservative.

I think I'll try to do a KA serum at some point as well using the serum base from Makingcosmetics.

Does anyone know the formula used to create KA lotion?
At BeautifulTime, you won't need a preservative if you use Sebamed lotion, your base lotion will already have a preservative.

As for a formula for the KA lotion, if you are wanting to make it 3-4% then you would add 3-4% KA powder too 96-97% of base lotion. Your figures are based on how much base lotion you will be using. But that basically is how you figure it for mixing. You always want your recipe to equal 100%, and by following the usage rate per ingredient is how you determine the % of each you will use. Does that make sense?? If not, just ask, and I will try to explain it another way for you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
@gymrat It makes complete sense but I guess where my confusion about that formula comes in at is when I'm splitting up my lotion.

One sebamed lotion is 13.5 oz (400 ml)

I know we can't make big batches of cream because it's so unstable...

For face, I was thinking 1-2 oz of cream (leaning more towards 1 oz)
And the rest for body lotion or is that still too much to use in a short amount of time?

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
I think for body per week 100 ml or there abouts is a fair amount ... Well at least thats what I'm thinking of doing given the instability of KA ....

·
Administrator
33,773 Posts
@gymrat It makes complete sense but I guess where my confusion about that formula comes in at is when I'm splitting up my lotion.

One sebamed lotion is 13.5 oz (400 ml)

I know we can't make big batches of cream because it's so unstable...

For face, I was thinking 1-2 oz of cream (leaning more towards 1 oz)
And the rest for body lotion or is that still too much to use in a short amount of time?
I think for body per week 100 ml or there abouts is a fair amount ... Well at least thats what I'm thinking of doing given the instability of KA ....
@BeautifulTime ok, so lets say you make 100ml like Aime above, that's a little over 3 ounces.

You would mix 96 ml of lotion with 4 ml of KA powder, to make your lotion 4%.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
@BeautifulTime ok, so lets say you make 100ml like Aime above, that's a little over 3 ounces.

Yes @gymrat , my thoughts exactly ... Wanna try a 6% KA w/w what'dyu think?
What % do you use hun? ...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Okay, thanks! I'll start with 100ml and see how that goes

You would mix 96 ml of lotion with 4 ml of KA powder, to make your lotion 4%.[/QUOTE]

Okay, thank you!! I'm going to purchase a digital gram spoon to measure it out good. I converted the 4ml to grams and it's still 4 grams according to Google. Which means I'll only need a little bit of distilled water to dissolve it right?

·
Registered
4,376 Posts

Okay, thank you!! I'm going to purchase a digital gram spoon to measure it out good. I converted the 4ml to grams and it's still 4 grams according to Google. Which means I'll only need a little bit of distilled water to dissolve it right?[/QUOTE]

@BeautifulTime - My rationale for coming up with the 100 ml per week, was that I only need enough for 8 applications (mon-wed 2xs daily) + (thur-fri 1xs daily) ... I will use LA lotion 2xs a week at night on thur + fri... & skinbuild sat + sun ... 100 ml should be enough per week IMO ...

Distilled water is fine ... I wanna use rose water however, hope its ok ...

·
Administrator
33,773 Posts
Yes @gymrat , my thoughts exactly ... Wanna try a 6% KA w/w what'dyu think?
What % do you use hun? ...
I use 5% @AIME, I think you will be good with 6%.

Okay, thank you!! I'm going to purchase a digital gram spoon to measure it out good. I converted the 4ml to grams and it's still 4 grams according to Google. Which means I'll only need a little bit of distilled water to dissolve it right?
YES!! @BeautifulTime, It will only take a small amount of distilled. Less is best as you don't want your cream to be any more watery then it needs to be. So I would say start off with 1/4 tsp, if that isnt enough distilled add a tiny bit more, and so on. You just need enough to get it dissolved.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

@BeautifulTime - My rationale for coming up with the 100 ml per week, was that I only need enough for 8 applications (mon-wed 2xs daily) + (thur-fri 1xs daily) ... I will use LA lotion 2xs a week at night on thur + fri... & skinbuild sat + sun ... 100 ml should be enough per week IMO ...

Distilled water is fine ... I wanna use rose water however, hope its ok ...[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a solid regimen, I might have to steal it :relieved: But how could I incorporate la peels? I want to try them since people say they're so great.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

Distilled water is fine ... I wanna use rose water however, hope its ok ...

That sounds like a solid regimen, I might have to steal it :relieved: But how could I incorporate la peels? I want to try them since people say they're so great. Also, I'm switching my lotion to lubriderm fragrance free version because it's more economical. [/QUOTE]

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
I use 5% @AIME, I think you will be good with 6%.

YES!! @BeautifulTime, It will only take a small amount of distilled. Less is best as you don't want your cream to be any more watery then it needs to be. So I would say start off with 1/4 tsp, if that isnt enough distilled add a tiny bit more, and so on. You just need enough to get it dissolved.
Yaay! Looks like I'm set then Gymmie @gymrat ... That guide on dissolving the KA is what I also needed my darling :kisskiss::kisskiss:

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
That sounds like a solid regimen, I might have to steal it :relieved: But how could I incorporate la peels? I want to try them since people say they're so great.
Oh yes , @BeautifulTime
By all means lets try this and see if its any good hun .... LA peels are great. I was also considering incorporating them but next month ( Im on LA peel break) ...

Perhaps shift your la lotion nights to tuesday + wednesday then do your la peel on saturday morning then follow with skinbuilding sat.+ sun. ... :hmm::nixweiss:

·
Registered
4,376 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Oh yes , @BeautifulTime
By all means lets try this and see if its any good hun .... LA peels are great. I was also considering incorporating them but next month ( Im on LA peel break) ...

Perhaps shift your la lotion nights to tuesday + wednesday then do your la peel on saturday morning then follow with skinbuilding sat.+ sun. ...

Hmm...okay so,
If I did that, it would bring the amount of times I use the KA lotion down, hopefully it's still effective

The Vaseline lotion should be fine , according to golden chic she mixed b3 and KA together and got great results. When you were doing your la peels, what was the biggest change you noticed?

I'm working on another lotion to boost the KA lotion too this one will have

B3, Alpha Arbutin, Bearberry extract, licorice extract and mulberry extract. I want to get the maximum results of these natural products even though I'm only removing a perma tan

·
Administrator
33,773 Posts
Yaay! Looks like I'm set then Gymmie @gymrat ... That guide on dissolving the KA is what I also needed my darling :kisskiss::kisskiss:
Yes, try to dissolve it first @AIME before adding it to your lotion. Then if you have a problem getting it dissolved you will know before ruining your lotion with grit.

@BeautifulTime I'm sure it will work fine, I wanna use Vaseline Eventone lotion (with B3), I hope that's okay ?? @gymrat
Yep, totally fine, as long as your lotion is water based you are good to go :thumbsup: just follow the usage rate @AIME. Have questions you know where to find me :eek:

21 - 40 of 95 Posts