Skin Care Talk banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
And last week you were saying G&G was making your darker :eek:
Well its been 10 days since i stopped using g&g altogether because i was instantly redarkerning. Thats when i got my first ka powder order from aliexpress and made my first diy ka lotion batch which was a failure. A few days later i got my ka from making cosmetics and i made my second diy ka lotion batch and i have been using that twice a day for the past 5 days now.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Here is an update. My DIY ka lotion is not working and its been about 25 days now. Im giving up DIY :(
Damn and I was looking forward to your results ... I think @Satan might be right . Do you have a reliable and legit Kojic seller ? I will pm you the one I think is legit enough but I wanna try it besides recommending something I never used

·
Registered
112 Posts
I diyed Kojic acid soap. I tried to go over the recommended rate and the Kojic acid crystallised. So I reduced the rate to 4%. To dissolve, I used thayers witch hazel and a crude double boiler method.... it dissolved perfectly and the soap turned out great. However the soap kept turning yellow and eventually yellow-brown. I gave up on it cuz I figured it was oxidising.
Anyhow... I tried g&g and finally worked for me!!!
I mixed in 1 neoclear serum and precious gel from Mitchell brand into 250ml of cream.
The first two weeks I sort of darkened but I persisted as I remembered g&g has a dark phase. I exfoliated at night with a ( 10% la and 10% ga diy lotion). I used dove soap with the mic. I?ve gotten very light.
My goal has always been to be even not really light. I want to slowly wean off to Mitchell brands lotion mix. HTH someone

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hi everyone,

So I've been using gng oil and cream ever since I gave up diying. As usual the combo works well but I can't get lighter than the shade I am right now. I went from an nc35-37 to an nc25. I've been having a hard time getting my hands on gng oil so now I'm thinking of diying again. Had anyone been having good results with their own recipes? And where can you get legit KA powder? Thanks

·
Administrator
33,735 Posts
Hi everyone,

So I've been using gng oil and cream ever since I gave up diying. As usual the combo works well but I can't get lighter than the shade I am right now. I went from an nc35-37 to an nc25. I've been having a hard time getting my hands on gng oil so now I'm thinking of diying again. Had anyone been having good results with their own recipes? And where can you get legit KA powder? Thanks
@shallalah Makingcosmetics has KA powder they've carried it for years, very legit company I order from them all the time. https://www.makingcosmetics.com/Kojic-Acid_p_284.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys! You can purchase ka and other stuff from eBay, Amazon, or where I purchased mine from(making cosmetics)dot com. As for DIY I recently made my own cream out of some extremely old KA(2012) that I never used, Sepi white(recently purchased) and lactic acid(recently purchased). I saw a difference in one week. It wasn't drastic, but it was pretty good being that I only used natural ingredients. I could have added some hydroquinone because I had a 2oz. bag of it, but I threw it away so that I wouldn't use it anymore. I am trying to use only natural ingredients.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts