Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@gymrat (and anyone who can help)
Is 15g kojic acid and 15g Alpha Arbutin too much for a 100g soap?
Can I please get any tips please, thank you!

·
Administrator
33,824 Posts
Tell me what your trying to make? Your adding this to soap???

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell me what your trying to make? Your adding this to soap???

I’m trying to make a lightening soap. It’s going to be 100g bar and I’m wondering what percentage of each powder is okay?

I’ve now decided to make it 3% for each powder so 3g Kojic Acid and 3g Alpha Arbutin? Is that enough?

I wanna lighten 2 shades then maintain, is using soaps enough to maintain?

I’ll also be adding 3-4% Alpha Arbutin to a lightening cream with other lightening ingredients in it when I’m in the lightening stages.

·
Administrator
33,824 Posts
I’m trying to make a lightening soap. It’s going to be 100g bar and I’m wondering what percentage of each powder is okay?

I’ve now decided to make it 3% for each powder so 3g Kojic Acid and 3g Alpha Arbutin? Is that enough?

I wanna lighten 2 shades then maintain, is using soaps enough to maintain?

I’ll also be adding 3-4% Alpha Arbutin to a lightening cream with other lightening ingredients in it when I’m in the lightening stages.
Recommended concentration 1-3% for Kojic Acid. You will need to warm your soap just a bit in order to get the KA to dissolve. Recommended concentration 0.2-2% for Alpha Arbutin. It will dissolve easily as its water soluble.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Recommended concentration 1-3% for Kojic Acid. You will need to warm your soap just a bit in order to get the KA to dissolve. Recommended concentration 0.2-2% for Alpha Arbutin. It will dissolve easily as its water soluble.
Alright thank you!

Can I maintain with soaps only?

Also, for my lighten cream I want to add 4% Alpha Arbutin to it

What do you think? Is it enough?
Can I just put the powder in the cream and it will dissolve since it’s water based?

One last question, Kojic & Alpha don’t give racoon eyes right?

·
Administrator
33,824 Posts
Alright thank you!

Can I maintain with soaps only?

Also, for my lighten cream I want to add 4% Alpha Arbutin to it and this are the ingredients already in it

Water (Aqua), Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Glycyrrhiza, Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Extract, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycol Stearate, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Dimethicone, Aloe Yohjyu Matsu Ekisu, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol

What do you think? Is it enough?
Can I just put the powder in the cream and it will dissolve since it’s water based?

One last question, Kojic & Alpha don’t give racoon eyes right?
Yes it will dissolve in a water based product like the one you have listed above. And no you won't get racoon eyes, lol. I wouldn't recommend something that would cause that ;)

·
Administrator
33,824 Posts
Of course your very welcome, let me know how things turn out!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts