Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a Kojic acid cream but I didn’t do a good at dissolving it before mixing now when I apply the cream there’s little Kojic acid powder specs all over me. Do I warm up the cream or toss it? I know Kojic acid is super unstable so taking it out the container to warm it up is super risky right?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I would redo it but I’m not chemist. From my experience, the kojic needs to be completely dissolved before mixing it into anything. What are you dissolving it with and what kind of Kojic Acid powder do you have?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would redo it but I’m not chemist. From my experience, the kojic needs to be completely dissolved before mixing it into anything. What are you dissolving it with and what kind of Kojic Acid powder do you have?
So I warmed some distilled water up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit , and added Kojic acid powder from makingcosmetics. I stirred for a minute or less but it looked as if it was completely dissolved I know you can’t expose KA to air and heat for that long so I added it to my lotion base after a few stirs. I HATE wasting money, I guess I have to start over 😔

·
Registered
341 Posts
So I warmed some distilled water up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit , and added Kojic acid powder from makingcosmetics. I stirred for a minute or less but it looked as if it was completely dissolved I know you can’t expose KA to air and heat for that long so I added it to my lotion base after a few stirs. I HATE wasting money, I guess I have to start over 😔
DO NOT dissolve it in water. If you had Kojic Acid Dipalmitate water would help it dissolve but with regular KA powder, get some witch hazel or rose water. Also your temperature should not be more than 104 Fahrenheit.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
The temperature is too hot 77-104 is ideal, you can also use one of those small hand held blender to help mix everything together, do this for a few minutes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts