Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you make this your own? I use the one from bioderma and I think it is the best makeup remover ever. It removes makeup so effetively without drying out my skin. It's quite expensive because I use alot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
water, peg-6 caprylic/capric glycerides, cucumber fruit extract, mannitol, xylitol, rhamnous fructooligosaccharides, proplyene glycol, disodium edta, cetrimonium bromide

·
Registered
1 Posts
"water, peg-6 caprylic/capric glycerides, cucumber fruit extract, mannitol, xylitol, rhamnous fructooligosaccharides, proplyene glycol, disodium edta, cetrimonium bromide"

I'd actually be really interested to work this out as well!

Some light wikipedia and ewg.org/skindeep research has shown me that most of these are actually naturally derived ingredients...

The second ingredient is derived from coconut oil "Fractionated coconut oil may also be referred to as caprylic/capric triglyceride oil" (Wikipedia). My guess is that it's modified to stay liquid at room temperature...

The others look mostly like sugar-based ingredients. And the last three are all preservatives.

I *have* heard that plain old honey make an excellent gentle cleanser and that coconut oil a great makeup remover (I personally use jojoba oil to remove makeup, and it's wonderful). In fact, doesn't RMS make an incredibly overpriced version of this? I've cleansed with honey before, with pretty great results too. It's very gentle and moisturizing.

None of this really offers a solution for something as convenient (and shelf stable, without industrial preservatives) as the Sensibio H2O (which I also love), BUT I am pretty impressed to learn that the ingredients are relatively simple. If you're willing to split makeup removal and cleansing into two stages, it would be pretty easy to replicate this with natural/organic products.

Now I'm wondering if there would be a way to add some cucumber extract to honey (since honey has some preservative powers on its own)... It's worth a shot I think!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts