Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Not fawnie,
but yes you may totally refrigerate your serum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gymrat, Does the serum have to be refrigerated or will it still be effective if not or will the ingredients "break down". I travel quite a bit, so keeping the serum in the fridge is an issue.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
As long as you keep your serum in a cool, dark place, it should be fine. Do keep an eye on any yellowish tinge as this indicates your serum has gone off.

Hope this helps

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Thanks Gymrat, Does the serum have to be refrigerated or will it still be effective if not or will the ingredients "break down". I travel quite a bit, so keeping the serum in the fridge is an issue.
When I travel I take mine along, and have no problem with it. Just as Pumi suggested, if you keep it in a dark bottle and keep it away from light and in a cool place, it should be fine.

If it turns yellow and smells........not good, toss it out.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I always decant a small amount (1 cc) into another bottle for travel and keep the main bottle in the frig at home. You can do this and keep a week's worth in your bathroom cabinet as long as it's dark and cool!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a small fridge - it holds 6 cans of pop. I had this at work for my lunch and stuff so when I quit work I didn't have any use for it so I thought it work work nice for my potions. It doesn't take up much room at all in your bathroom and it is really handy. I like the feel of cold serums and creams on my face.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts