Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just browning some creams I saw on the internet and somehow got to read about dmae cream and how it can make skin firmer and reduce wrinkles, you can buy it cheap from health shops sites, has anyone tried it or heard about it. Anne

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I don't use cream, I mix my own serum, just distilled water with DMAE powder. It tingles a bit and tastes really sour, but skin gets firmer and really smooth (not anti-wrinkle smooth, just very soft to the touch) after a couple of days. I just made a tiny mistake, I ordered bitartrate form not amine form, it's not as effective as amine form. I looked at some creams and serums, but their % is too low, like 1 or 3 %, it would take ages to seen any results, even with the cumulative effect. I use around 12-15% DMAE.
My plan is to mix DMAE with L-ascorbic acid, tocopherol, hyaluronic and ferulic acid and make a superserum. That would probably starve of aging for a couple of years, especially when combined with retinol and zinc sunscreen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for info making your own sounds good but where do you buy all the stuff you put together, I am after firming but also need to get rid of a few lines also prone to blackheads and underskin bumps, even at my age 60! you sound as if you have really looked into skin stuff any advice really will be welcome.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I use this one from skinactives. It is a serum not a cream. But I also just got a DMAE mask.

Skin Actives Scientific : DMAE (4%) Serum with Sea Kelp Bioferment
That's what I have. I've only had it for what, 10 days?? I haven't noticed any difference. I've also done a few TCA spot peels in the last week (dime sized) and my forehead again, so I am not using it yet since I found out it burns like 3 hells on baby peeled skin so I haven't been using it!! I'll continue use when my skin is healed.

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
I too am using the DMAE Serum from Skinactives. I've been using it for about 2 months because I started to get sagging in my neck and chin area. I use a few of their products and am happy with the results. Nothing extensive yet, but definitely no additional sagging and actually might be a little tighter. Hard to say. I am going to give it 6 months.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
i wanted to buy that one but it has not only parabens but also Diazolidinyl Urea. wats ur view on urea. aren't we suppose to avoid products using it?

PS: i ordered the DMAE serum from MUAC but i'll be interested in rayoflights super serum if she makes one.
To be honest, I don't put too much thought into those ingredients. Very little % of this serum is made up by urea. I pay closer attention to the first few listed in the ingredient list of all the products that I use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use Reviva Labs DMAE Firming Fluid. You can get it at most health food stores and online. It firms my crows feet, but doesn't do much for sagging chin. It leaves my skin smooth and readily accepting of my mineral makeup (Alema). It's not too expensive, so I keep using it. Hope that helps anyone reading.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
DMAE and glycolic acid are usually used in synergy in anti-aging or "lifting" creams as they work well together. When I have a lot of writing and gain that tired look from coordinating events and am stressed, I used DMAE/Glycolic Acid cream for a few days and my skin looks better than ever.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
20 Posts
I used to use an eye cream from Reviva that was a Perricone knock off, it has ALA, ester C and DMAE. It really helped my eyelids, although it took about a month or so to notice results.

Then I got a bit timid about using DMAE after reading the rabbit ear study. But..I was just reading somewhere that the DMAE they used in that study was extremely alkaline, any that anything extremely alkaline can be damaging to the cells.

Lately I've been thinking I should start using it again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have used one from Skin Apothke known as fabulous face serum, its super cheap 22 dollars and they can be found on etsy. I have seen a difference with dmae and will continue to use it. Period

·
Registered
180 Posts
I too am using the DMAE Serum from Skinactives. I've been using it for about 2 months because I started to get sagging in my neck and chin area. I use a few of their products and am happy with the results. Nothing extensive yet, but definitely no additional sagging and actually might be a little tighter. Hard to say. I am going to give it 6 months.
Bordnfl2 ~ Hi. Was wondering if you're still using the DMAE serum? How's it going? Any results?

·
Registered
553 Posts
I stopped the DMAE because Hannah with Skinactives kept saying on the forum it was for short term use like if you had a special event and wanted to use it for a short period of time if I am recalling correctly.

I never saw any results and stopped using, having replaced it with my current routine of C Serum (DIY) Retin A. I was using their Anti-aging creme with Revesteral, CHAS, DMAE and Let's Make Collagen and replaced it all with the C Serum, Retin A and a light moisturizer with sunscreen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have used one from Skin Apothke known as fabulous face serum, its super cheap 22 dollars and they can be found on etsy. I have seen a difference with dmae and will continue to use it. Period
Hi BHav.
I googled Skin Apothke (Apotheke) and can't seem to find this product. Did you purchase this in the U.S.? Can you give us a website? TIA.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeh Its difficult to find Skin Apothke, since they are on just etsy right now, I think they are a new co. or one person org but their products are super awesome, I am also using their Age defying firming serum and the difference it has made on my skin has simply blown me away so their address is on etsy and it is spelled apothke and it takes you right to skin apothke. Let me know if you can't find it and will post again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yup. the stuff is amazing
i mix 3/4 of a teaspoon of dmae, ALA, ester c..
i love it it gives a tight feeling..
plus my pores have shrunk
baby skin over here in just 3 weeks

·
Registered
3 Posts
plus i have 2 bottles of unopened dmae powder.
i got from a vitamin shop online..
if you are interested..holla
i just figured that I hav enough and they might expire soon July 2011

1 - 20 of 20 Posts