Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For example, I am currently using a sample of the skinceuticals A.G.E. interruptter. It is marketed as a product for mature skin. Is this good for someone who is 31 and without major lines or sagging to be using?

I will expand - if someone who is considered too young to be using a particular anti-aging product, will using the product cause/encourage aging? I have heard a friend say that some anti-aging products have this effect when you stop using them, so as to create dependency.

·
Administrator
33,835 Posts
No not at all, using them sooner rather then later is a positive thing. Its called preventative!

You will be doing your skin a favor adding anti aging products to your routine......sunscreen being #1, this will help you more then anything else, the sun is what ages the skin, so apply a good sunscreen, always!

·
Registered
1 Posts
No not at all, using them sooner rather then later is a positive thing. Its called preventative!

You will be doing your skin a favor adding anti aging products to your routine......sunscreen being #1, this will help you more then anything else, the sun is what ages the skin, so apply a good sunscreen, always!
I agree! also make sure that your nutrition is in check, as soon as I started eating healthy my skin changed for the better

·
Registered
2 Posts
It might be overkill, depending on what your skin concerns are. (I've found a lot of stuff marked for 'mature' skin is usually too rich and causes me acne problems.)
But age you faster? No I don't think so.
The only thing I'd say is that not using sunscreen while using products like peels, Retin-A, etc- yes. That will damage your skin exponentially faster, so those ingredients need to be used in conjunction with a good SPF and smart sun practices.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven't heard anything about this, but you should pay attention to what you're buying. Even if it's more expensive, you should go with the best products because it's your skin. Most of the people, especially girls as they're more interested in skincare and anything related, buy whatever they hear from the online influencers saying it's good without doing proper research first. I think that's the biggest mistake. I had a girlfriend who struggled with acne and before taking any treatment, she went to several dermatologists and was looking for every opinion possible about a potential product lol. I remember once she found this Orenda Botanicals | Body-care Products Made with Botanicals Extracts and it took her 2 weeks until she finally decided to try it, haha. But now I think it's the right attitude.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts