Skin Care Talk banner

301 - 320 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I started taking pycnogenol yesterday. the only reason im taking them is that I have these dark marks on my legs and when took pycnogenol it lighten my marks alot so im giving it another try. hopefully it will get rid of my dark marks.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Im on it now... less than a week so cant say much. On the bottle is says take 2 pills for 2 weeks and then 1 for 100 pounds of your body weight. I'm about 160lbs so Im just taking 1 -- dont want to overdose. After this bottle I want to try the pine extract and see if it works as well.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Who has noticed change in the attitude and behavior while taking this? I have started taking it last month for my skin(only 60mg) and I noticed that I was in a good mood and I was very alert and very interested to talk. Please let me know what you think?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Who has noticed change in the attitude and behavior while taking this? I have started taking it last month for my skin(only 60mg) and I noticed that I was in a good mood and I was very alert and very interested to talk. Please let me know what you think?
What do you think of this please @arrow

·
Registered
985 Posts
What do you think of this please @arrow

@Maryyy There are some preliminary studies that show that pycnogenol has an effect on mood and cognitive function. I don't exactly remember but I'll let you know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@Maryyy There are some preliminary studies that show that pycnogenol has an effect on mood and cognitive function. I don't exactly remember but I'll let you know.
If it improves my mood then that's half the work done for me. Gets my hot flushes or flashes under control? Even better. I'm in

·
Administrator
33,762 Posts
I just received my pycnogenol capsules today. It's 60mg each capsule...I took vitamin c 1000mg, relumins glutathione, and a collagen powder supplement I take every morning. Is it okay to take the pycnogenol? Should I take it on an empty stomach? Are there any supplements I shouldn't take while taking pycnogenol?? @gymrat @moonmaiden @John-Dave @DOODOOBROWN @AIME @nwababy
I never take any of my supplements on an empty stomach, you should always eat a little something even if just a half of banana. Your fine taking it with what you have mentioned.......only caution would be if your diabetic, but I assume your not :eek: Happy New Year to you Glowy!!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I never take any of my supplements on an empty stomach, you should always eat a little something even if just a half of banana. Your fine taking it with what you have mentioned.......only caution would be if your diabetic, but I assume your not :eek: Happy New Year to you Glowy!!
Happy new year gymmie❤!!! Thank you so much for the help! how many milligram should I take a day?

·
Registered
3,173 Posts

100% agree, took gluta on an empty stomach as adviced by a member, it worked but irratated my stomach. I ended up getting a stomach infection.

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
I just received my pycnogenol capsules today. It's 60mg each capsule...I took vitamin c 1000mg, relumins glutathione, and a collagen powder supplement I take every morning. Is it okay to take the pycnogenol? Should I take it on an empty stomach? Are there any supplements I shouldn't take while taking pycnogenol?? @gymrat @moonmaiden @John-Dave @DOODOOBROWN @AIME @nwababy
I feel pycnogenol works good with a cocktail of supplements. I use 100mg.I ran out and haven't bought more for the month &my shade is the same....

I prefer to take my Vit C, glutathione on an empty stomach for better absorption, thats just my preference though. It never bothers my tummy and I drink plenty of water afterwards.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I feel pycnogenol works good with a cocktail of supplements. I use 100mg.I ran out and haven't bought more for the month &my shade is the same....

I prefer to take my Vit C, glutathione on an empty stomach for better absorption, thats just my preference though. It never bothers my tummy and I drink plenty of water afterwards.
What did it do for your skin if I may ask? Or does it just enhance the effect of vitamin c?? Do you feel like it's a staple? Or one can do without

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes, It lightened me very well and I stopped for two weeks because I was getting whiter when I wasn't even using any lighteners especially on my face. I've started using again 3 days ago.
Hi Toffee, I wanted to ask...Is pycnogenol the same as pine bark extract?

I am comparing prices and it seems pine bark extract is cheaper than pycnogenol and if they are basically the same, then i will be saving a ton of money. kindly help out, I am in the process of deciding which to buy.

Oh and secondly, what is it best to pair it with for brightening or lightening...vit c, msm or glutathione?

301 - 320 of 346 Posts