Skin Care Talk banner

321 - 340 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
They work but theyre super expensive and not affordable, maybe 3 months straight usage will be a boost to your regimen, pycnogenol builds up your natural sunscreen protection and keeps the sun rays at bay , so if you stay under the sun I noticed I would not darken as quick.
**My own experience with it was good although it tastes nasty, I would suggest buying it in bulk.
It is a great antioxidant , drinking it in tea is difficult to tolerate so I made my own enteric capsules , hope this helps 🙂

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
I started out with solgar brand but now order pine bark extract it is the same thing so find it in bulk guys

·
Registered
424 Posts
Pycnogenol is a staple for skin brightening..I have used both Healthy Origins and Now food brand.The healthy origins is the best, you will start seeing results in less than a month.
I use two 100mg caps.
Pricey but worth every penny.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I decided to get some from H&B to add to my regimen after taking a long break. I'll be taking 180mg a day split into two dosages along with my glutathione and collagen. Hopefully there'll be results by the end of the month!

·
Registered
341 Posts
@jcole, did you use it with other supplements or on its own please?
I am very skeptical as i currently use gluta and vit C combo. do you think it might make a difference?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
@kweeny I started using it so I can update on how it works. I don't expect lightening per se, but we will see. Also taking general multivitamin and some acetyl gluta.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Pycnogenol is a staple for skin brightening..I have used both Healthy Origins and Now food brand.The healthy origins is the best, you will start seeing results in less than a month.
I use two 100mg caps.
You're making wanna buy pycnogenol! I've read threads talking about how it can affect mental health, cause depression or something like that. Have you noticed the negative effects or do you think they're worth it for the benefits?

·
Registered
424 Posts
@jcole, did you use it with other supplements or on its own please?
I am very skeptical as i currently use gluta and vit C combo. do you think it might make a difference?
I use two 100mg caps.
You're making wanna buy pycnogenol! I've read threads talking about how it can affect mental health, cause depression or something like that. Have you noticed the negative effects or do you think they're worth it for the benefits?
I take mine with Vitamin C and Collagen at night.The only side effect I noticed is Lack of Appetite for food,I can go the whole day without eating but aside from that no side effects.

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
This pycnogenol sounds interesting ,i might incorporate it just to maximize anti oxidative activities in my body.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I use two 100mg caps.
@jcole. What specific changes should did you notices when first starting pycnogenol and what should I look out for? Thanks

Aside from Pycnogenol, I'm taking Acetyl Gluta, a regular multivitamin and Vit C.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Small update from me - I've been taking the tablets for about three weeks now and the stubborn hyperpigmentation on my face and around my waist has definitely gotten significantly lighter. I'm not too sure it'll lighten me shades but I am certain it'll make me even all around which is one of my goals anyway. I just purchased 5% pycnogenol from The Ordinary since applying it topically seems to work just as well as orally. I'll come back in another month to see if I make more progress!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I use two 100mg caps.
@jcole. What specific changes should did you notices when first starting pycnogenol and what should I look out for? Thanks

Aside from Pycnogenol, I'm taking Acetyl Gluta, a regular multivitamin and Vit C.
I noticed that over time,it has built my skin's resilience against harsh creams and sun burns.The disparity of darker skin above and lighter skin below has reduced especially on my arms,so I would say that it helps you to appear even.

·
Registered
117 Posts
@jcole awesome thanks i was just going to buy a cheap generic brand from amazon but I’ll get that instead. Its 200mg per day isn’t it?

·
Registered
424 Posts
@jcole awesome thanks i was just going to buy a cheap generic brand from amazon but I’️ll get that instead. Its 200mg per day isn’️t it?
It's 100mg per day for starter,when you feel comfortable enough with it, you can increase to 200mg.Maybe it's just me,but it's might make you lose weight and turn you into an insomniac.

321 - 340 of 346 Posts