Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys sometimes feel like you will never be your desired complexion? ive been bleaching my skin consistantly for nearly six mos. with hardly ne results, i thought i would be my desired complexion by now, i just get so depressed sometimes because it seems like ive tried every product in the world, and nothing has given me the results i want, and i look at all the beautiful fair skin women around me and i get depressed all over again, why couldnt ive been born with fair skin? life is so not fair

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
what color are you now, and what are you trying to get to?

i'm a little darker than beyonce, and i'm trying to get to vanessa haugens/ mila kunis color.

is that too extreme for me?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what color are you now, and what are you trying to get to?

i'm a little darker than beyonce, and i'm trying to get to vanessa haugens/ mila kunis color.

is that too extreme for me?
I'm currently maybe a shade lighter than meagan good but i have like a red undertone, and I want to be alicia keys complexion.

no manay i dont think thats too extreme look at how light rihanna got, she looks like a ghost now, she whiter then white ppl lol, if she can do it you can too

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
and you too!!!

don't give up. what are you using?

the reason i thought it might be extreme is cuz vanessa hudgens and mila kunis are a different race. lol

ugh!! i want to know what rihanna uses!!
i just i hope ra/hq can get me as light as i want.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know, i wont give up, i want this too badly!! but yeah as of the last six mos, ive been using my own 20% hq compound on my body, and 4% hq/.1% ra on my face and neck, my face has lighten a bit but my body is taking forever to lighten, I tried to speed the process up w/ apply ra on my body, but that was the worst idea ever, it gave me a horrible rash that im still trynna get rid of.

but yeah i heard on this forum that rihanna uses 10% hq, dont know how true that is tho
so manay ur not having ne problems w/ ra and how long have u been on the hq/ra routine?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
ok here's the story lol
i started with ra/hq on my face and body, and like you my body reacted bad!!
so i stopped on my body and decided i'm going to use .05 RA when my body heals. i just ordered yesterday soo i'm waiting. my body is pretty much healed it just itches so i have like scratches on my body lol. anyway i'm actually kind mad that my skin that healed is darker than my original skin color but that will go away i hope when i start ra/hq again. anyways my face is doinig fine with .1%, my face is already getting lighter and i have been using for about 2 wks.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Do you guys sometimes feel like you will never be your desired complexion? ive been bleaching my skin consistantly for nearly six mos. with hardly ne results, i thought i would be my desired complexion by now, i just get so depressed sometimes because it seems like ive tried every product in the world, and nothing has given me the results i want, and i look at all the beautiful fair skin women around me and i get depressed all over again, why couldnt ive been born with fair skin? life is so not fair
Yes! I feel exactly the same! I hate my sun damage so much and I have a lot of days where I feel like I'm getting nowhere. I have days where I feel like I'm getting lighter, then I look at my face first thing in the morning with nothing on it and it just looks as bad as ever.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
omg yes yes yes my skin did the same skin, i couldnt sleep one night because my skin was itching so badly, and also my arms seemed to darken alot after using the ra too, it looks so bad girl, and it still hasnt lighten yet, but yeah i got a bad reaction with all the strengths of ra, but maybe it'll be different for yo, at least i hope

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
i damn well hope, since face is doing fine lol!

so you have been using ra/hq for l mnths w/o results?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes! I feel exactly the same! I hate my sun damage so much and I have a lot of days where I feel like I'm getting nowhere. I have days where I feel like I'm getting lighter, then I look at my face first thing in the morning with nothing on it and it just looks as bad as ever.
yes karen, sometimes i look in the mirror and see bit of lightening, but then i'll look in the mirror a hour later and im dark again

karen are u still sing ra? because i kno u were having problems with it

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i damn well hope, since face is doing fine lol!

so you have been using ra/hq for l mnths w/o results?
yeah manay thats the funny thing i have no bad reaction to ra on the face at all besides all the redness, I wonder why that is !!

ive been usin ra/hq for like four months, but off and on w/ the ra because the redness and peeling it gives me is annoying, but i have to sometimes stop w/ using the hq too because my face will began to get way lighter than the rest of my body, and it starts to look funny, i want to have an even complexion all over!!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Krazycee, I would still be using it as I finally worked out a way to use it (see my other thread Retin-A again. But would you believe I ordered F&F 5XF Lightening Gel a week before I worked out a good routine, when I was having problems. I was going to keep doing what I was doing and just use the F&F on my arms, but LightenNLift convinced me to try it on my face. So I've been only using that morning and night since Sunday. I can't help but worry I'll regress, but I trust his advice. I will post as soon as I have some results. Hopefully soon!!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
yeah manay thats the funny thing i have no bad reaction to ra on the face at all besides all the redness, I wonder why that is !!

ive been usin ra/hq for like four months, but off and on w/ the ra because the redness and peeling it gives me is annoying, but i have to sometimes stop w/ using the hq too because my face will began to get way lighter than the rest of my body, and it starts to look funny, i want to have an even complexion all over!!
at least you know hq is working!!!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Really?
That's totally opposite of me.
My skin looks it's best when I wake up in the morning

It's so smooth!!

Have any of you applied lightening products to your back?

·
Registered
461 Posts
No none on the back as of yet. Have you??

Working solely on my face and arms. Then I will move to other areas as I progress. However, if see a drastic change in my face and arms I will immediately start working on my body.

·
Registered
461 Posts
et al.

I can truly say this will be a process for us all. Some of us have tried w/o proper instructions and lived our former lives as sun worshippers and so forth. Progress takes time it maybe a solid year before we see true results and a lifetime of maintenance. It's too early in the game to press for results.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Really?
That's totally opposite of me.
My skin looks it's best when I wake up in the morning

It's so smooth!!

Have any of you applied lightening products to your back?
Nikki, actually lately my skin is looking lovely and smooth first thing in the morning, especially with the Fair and Flawless! I just mean with the harsh morning light in my bathroomso when I look at the sides of my face in the mirror I can see all the sun damage at it's worst, ie without any sunblock or powder to minimise it. When I can't see any first thing in the morning I will be over the moon!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I'm currently maybe a shade lighter than meagan good but i have like a red undertone, and I want to be alicia keys complexion.

no manay i dont think thats too extreme look at how light rihanna got, she looks like a ghost now, she whiter then white ppl lol, if she can do it you can too
Rihanna was already light to begin with...for someone darker than her to get to the color she is now would be hard.

I'm not sure if I'll ever get really light. The lightest I can get is around Meagan Goode and I'm fine with that honestly. You don't have to be the lightest girl out there to be beautiful. There are other skin tones that are eye catching that may not be as light as Rihannas

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
you're right DBG.

but it's just what we desire. like how there are beautiful ppl who are the skin tone you originally were. but you choose to go lighter.
just like how krazycee and I are originally a lighter tone but we want to go lighter for our desires.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
you're right DBG.

but it's just what we desire. like how there are beautiful ppl who are the skin tone you originally were. but you choose to go lighter.
just like how krazycee and I are originally a lighter tone but we want to go lighter for our desires.
Lately, I'm just ready to accept that if I never get to Beyonce's color, I'm fine with it. Ya know? If I can only get up to Meagan Goode's color than I'll be okay with that. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. And there are other things that I need to work on, like getting down to a size 4/6 again. I feel like that will make much more of a difference than anything now.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts