Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hardly use any makeup because I want my skin to be healthy and I worry about the ingredients.
But on the other hand: I want to look good.
And makeup makes such a difference.
So I figured I might try mineral makeup.
Does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks
Carro

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes I would strongly recommend mineral makeup! I just switched to it a few months ago and I love it. The only complaint I have is sometimes the powder can spill and get messy.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Is there any make up for men? I know male actors and models wears make up and most of them look funny with the wrong make up.

I have high metabolism and I sweat a lot so wearing make up is useless. And I feel dirty with make up on...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
I also feel dirty with make up that's I think mineral makeup and makeup with really truly good ingredients would be good for me.
And for men, you can use any make up just stick to colors that are close to your natural colors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Most mineral makeup sites have lotsa pretty shimmery minerals. So....who knows???
Just remember most blues and greens aren't lip safe. So be careful to use them right.
I get mine from LAminerals.com....don't know if they set up in your mall...but their eyeshadows double as lip color, nail color, etc....anything not lip safe says so on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hardly use any makeup because I want my skin to be healthy and I worry about the ingredients.
But on the other hand: I want to look good.
And makeup makes such a difference.
So I figured I might try mineral makeup.
Does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks
Carro
Hi carro,

I am a big fan of mineral powder now. All of my powder foundation, blush and eye shadow are mineral based. Right now I uses Motive mineral powder. It's, to me the best mineral powder I have used. Bare minerals are very chalky compare to Motives. I live in NYC so I alwasy exposed to all kind of brands but until I found Motives, it's quality is like mac and bobbi brown and the price is so competitive. You wil love it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also recommend beauticontrol's makeup. Its shear, light, and has no pore clogging fillers like talc. I use their wet/dry because I have oilier skin, but I finish with their mineral makeup and my skin looks flawless and natural. I'm a guy living in a pretty conservative area, and no one has noticed that I wear make-up.. I love it!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've used Bare Minerals for years and love it. They say it is so pure and breathable for your face that you can sleep in it with out worries

·
Registered
27 Posts
I used to use Bare Minerals but it kept itching my face so I stopped wearing it. Then I found out that it has a lot of fillers in it so it's not as natural as it claims.

If you truly want something natural, try using Affordable Mineral Makeup. Each item has only 3 or 4 ingredients that are pure...no fillers. The owner is all about all natural ingredients and she is a very green person.

I've been using it since April this year. I was in southern Louisiana until June. I worked outside a lot, sweat a lot, and it still stayed on. It has a natural SPF and one of the ingredients helps it be waterproof. So, no foundation on my shirt when I wiped my brow!

I'd be happy to answer any other questions about it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Everyday Minerals. I've been raving about it since I tried it 5 months ago. I love love love it. I had been a loyal Pur Minerals user for years but it was too expensive so I started looking for alternatives. Switched to Avon when they started selling mineral make-up but the colour selection just is not there.

Everyday Minerals has 24 different shades and 4 different formulations. Samples are available for the price of shipping - under $4 and you get 3 mineral foundations, 1 concealer and 1 blush. You can order as many sample kits it takes to get your perfect shade. Just 1 kit per order but it doesn't mean you can't get another the next day.

No irritation, no breakouts from this product. I am currently using it wet. Its been soooo hot out that I just want a super light coverage so I use their Original Glo formulation which is the lightest and a wet brush I can use less product to cover my whole face. I also use their mineral eyeshadows wet too.

·
Administrator
33,824 Posts
I have a load of colors from EDM. My problem was finding the right color. I ended up with so many it was too confusing. I did like one of their silk powders though.

I do like their sample kits. That is why I ended up with too many to choose from and feeling like none of them were the perfect match.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes I use Bare Minerals and I love it! My face feels so smooth and I have slept in mine several times. With no breakouts. I did find out however I was using the wrong color foundation. I bought mine threw the info. And purchased the med tones and wasn't happy with the coverage But when I went to Utla (they carry the line with some good prices.) She told me I need light with gold tones, I have to say the light did it for me.
I have quite a few people in my family that have switched. I did try a different company, wont say my face trued orange. i And I went to church like that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wear only mineral makeup. I love both Everyday Minerals and Bare Minerals. Everyday Minerals gives you several options regarding how much "glow" you like in your finished makeup look. They also have a broader choice of foundation color options for us very pale girls.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by vanwes

Everyday minerals is too orange and the finish is not smooth and flawless like Youngblood. There is a new mineral makeup line called Mineralicious and you can get a start up kit for $15. It is on my website 24kskin

Orange? where are you getting that from? They have like 24 different shades. If you tried one that was too orange, you've tried on one that is wrong for you. Try another til you find your right shade. You can get a start up sample kit for the price of shipping @ <$4! The sample lasts about a month each and you get 3 foundations. I'm sure some skin tones are more peachy than yours, more olive than yours but it doesn't mean there isn't a shade perfect for you. I found mine. I did have to get a couple of orders of samples to get my perfect shade but I found it.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts