Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone spare a few minutes to answer some questions which are part of a PhD project looking into the use of cosmeceuticals and emotions.

Why did you choose the products you use in your skin care regime?
Did you seek professional advice before desciding on a skin care product?
Do you suppliment with a trip to a salon for a facial, and if so do you like to focus on having a relaxing experience, or seek product results?
Finally, does your skin care regime effect your skin in such a way that it changes your emotional well being?

Any help in answering some or all of these questions would be very much appreciated!
Thank you,
Libby

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I did the research and read other skin care forums to decide which products would work for me. Also trial and error.

I don't seek professional advice other than online.

I don't go to salons for facials. Most of the time it is relaxing but the results aren't anything that I couldn't achieve on my own at home with my own products.

Of course! It's relaxing and comforting to care for myself.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Thank you fawnie!

Does anyone else find forums to be helpful in choosing products?
Forums don't help me decide on one product or another. They enlighten me on what is out there that I have yet to try. Finding a product that works is a trial and error experience for me. Everyone's skin is different, what works for some may not work for others.

I do go to a salon for facials. I don't go too much for the results, as I do the relaxation part of it.

No, I don't seek professional advice for my skincare products. I go to a Dermatologist, but not to get an ok on which products to use. I decide that for myself.

good luck with your project-

·
Registered
209 Posts
I don't seek professional advice when I buy products. Sometimes I truly don't know why I bought a certain product. Just sounded good at the time. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. It is sort of like a crap shoot for me.

I do get facials on occasion but only for relaxation and it is usually when I am on a cruise or something just for relaxation and to kill some time on those long days at sea.
My skin care regime doesn't affect my emotional well being. My hair can but not my skin care. Like today, I had a miserable hair day!!

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I don't seek professional advice when I buy products. Sometimes I truly don't know why I bought a certain product. Just sounded good at the time. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. It is sort of like a crap shoot for me.

I do get facials on occasion but only for relaxation and it is usually when I am on a cruise or something just for relaxation and to kill some time on those long days at sea.
My skin care regime doesn't affect my emotional well being. My hair can but not my skin care. Like today, I had a miserable hair day!!
Awhh sorry to hear you had a bad hair day Emily. My skin care regime doesn't affect my emotional well being either. It did when I had acne, but not often. I am with you, when I have a bad hair day, it puts me in a funk of a mood. Moods where I am thankful I don't have an apt for a hair cut otherwise I might just shave it off!!

I hope tomorrow is a better day-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts