Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the HQ/RA 2x a day combo? I mixed it together and I put it on morning and night. Will you lighten and then shed, or does the dark skin have to shed before you see lightening at all?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Somehow, according to the HQ article I posted a link to, the RA & HQ work synergistically to augment eachother's best effects. The derms are not sure how or why this happens; they just have evidence that it does. This is good news for those with stubborn resistant pigmented areas. Some people have a sharp pigment demarcation along the side edge of their feet & hands. Blending that line in can be very tough. Some others have very dark knees, elbows & knuckles that are resistant too. This combo, esp if the person tries the occlusive wrap method they recommend, will really lighten them up.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Depending on the person & the extent of it, it can be noticable, yes. In the first few weeks, I peeled like crazy. THe skin became very dry in some areas (so I'd dab on a little olive oil) & after a steamy shower, it would roll off in a gross mass. Creepy, but good to know it was no longer clinging to my face making it harder for the HQ to penetrate.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
What is the occlusive wrap method? What is the best way to do this for the knees and elbows, and do I rub the cream completely in or should it be visible before I wrap?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts