Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just thought I would start a thread on cooking. As for me, I love cooking and it is actually one of my past time!
I love making lots of dishes main meals, soups, desserts and snacks. My favourite all time dish would be lentil soup, biryani and kheer , a favourite sweet dish that I like to prepare which can be served both hot or cold.

Please share your thoughts on cooking and your favourite dishes. Would love to hear from you.

Pumi.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I bake from scratch- from angel cake to christmas cake to crescents. I even make my own lasagna noodles from scratch and fettucini ones as well. I just concocted my own real vanilla too, it took six months but so very worth it! Num-num!- In other words I cook anything- that is how I de-compress when I'm all stressed out!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Pumi yes I love to cook too, but however Im not a baker, as not good at all at following a recepie, I just really like making up dishes myself from scratch, however these days I have very little time to cook and am really eating a lot of raw foods!

Congrats by the way mony on becoming elite

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I love cooking also. I'm usually better as desserts than main courses but I can make nice curry and braising steak. I make the best bakewell tart ever, even the pastry is home made

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your response everyone! Keep them coming!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Google mac and cheese. The first recipe that comes up is from Alton Brown from Food Network for baked mac and cheese. OMG to die for. Panko breadcrumb topping. And listen to this, 12oz of cheese for only 1/2 box of pasta and it makes a lot!! Talk about CHEESY! Yummmmm. Freezes and reheats well too. You must try it. I also love to make cauliflower casserole with cheese and mayo and sour cream and top it with buttered breadcrumbs. Like a quiche but not.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I love to eat, but hate! to cook. I made it my business to always pick guys who can either cook or buy me dinner.
I never quite understand people who love to eat yet hate to cook. I love to eat so everything about food interests me. How its prepared, what's in it.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I want a recipe for banana cake/bread? My grandfather made it for me but he died with the recipe and I never had such good banana cake since then. NO NUTS!!!

I cook everything. I made the most spectacular spinach souffle the other day, it was a shock to me too! I made the recipe up by myself too. I just was looking to make some eggs then it turned into spinach souffle---it is 4 eggs, two handsfull of baby spinach blades, (raw) then add 3oz of GOATS cheese and then put it all in a blender with just a wee bit of soy milk. I started to cook it as an omelette but realised it was closer to a souffle so I put it in a casserole dish and baked it---and it was a souffle!

I make up all sorts of recipes actually, I love to!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Well I'm amazed at peeps who can whip stuff up like that!!

I love food and have read Escoffier's Guide Culinaire cover to cover and know every ingredient in the world, but putting them together is beyond me..
I'm a ******* klutz. And come from a long line of them. My dad set the ******* on fire when my mom was in hospital once. My mom embalms rather than cooks - everything way well done.

Thanks God that DH cooks for himself and I eat mostly raw food anyway.

How about Banana Oat bread Lexi? nom nom

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/banana-...-2/Detail.aspx

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
419 Posts
I love to cook!! The only problem is that it's not advisable if you are trying to lose/maintain weight. I use to bake a lot of cakes, cookies, and pies.....and I used to make my own pasta and bread as well. Since joining Weight Watchers 4 years ago, I made the decision to only cook healthy, low fat meals. Not as easy as I thought it would be... more challenging than cooking my rich foods & desserts. I'd rather cook my own food because I have more control of the ingredients..not too much sugar...not too much salt..etc etc. I now make wheat pasta and more vegetarian meals. During the Holidays, I revert back to my roots...Italian lasagna, meatballs, Eggplant Parmesan, biscotti, apple crisp (love the smell of apples cooking on a fall/winter day mmmmm), pizza..Oh my I am getting hungry

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love to cook, but rarely am good at it... (ask my hubby!) I tend to over spice... I think this thread is neat! Maybe I'll learn something that I can cook good!

·
Administrator
33,723 Posts
I LOVE to cook, but LOVE to bake even more. I love using my crock pot you just have to be creative and you can use that for just about anything. I also love making bread in my bread maker. In the winter I spend more time in the *******, in the summer you can take advantage of the outdoors and the BBQ.

Pumpkin Roll is my favorite recipe for dessert
Being Italian, making Gnocchi's is a fav of mine for dinner.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Love gnocchi!! Gymrat do you make the potato or ricotta gnocchi?

I love them both

·
Registered
413 Posts
I love to cook cuz I love to eat.......Sometimes I'll just start throwing ingredients together and become a mad chef. If the recipe I am making has lots of garlic I can't go wrong.
My favorite recipes though are spaghetti sauce from scratch and a hungarian dish~chicken papikash, omg I can eat it by the boat load!
OK now I'm hungry!!!!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
hmmmmm~maybe we can log our favorite recipes for others to try~just a suggestion! I dont know how to create new posts on this site so maybe someone else can create one for new recipes only~I know I am always searching the web for new ideals~Yummy!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts