Skin Care Talk banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for your input everyone. I really appreciate it. All these food sound yummy!

Cheers

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Cooking is supposed to be fun and if you dont enjoy it then theres no point doing it! I grew up stirring a pot or rolling something out so I really like it. I think i just like it when people smile and ask for more!

I really like kheer Pumi its gorgeous! And I bought some gulab jamans from the local indian shop near me- addicted so nice!!

But as for food i am a bit greedy and really like all sorts. one of my faves is baked aubergines with sauteed potatoes and red peppers, spinach and a low fat cheese sauce!!kinda like an eggs benedict but not!!

but main problem is sweet tooth gggrrr- so i try to bake my own stuff - or try!!! i baked chocolate chip rock cakes the other night easy as hell although as i dont have weighing scales i thought i was going to end up with a mess but they were delish!

·
Registered
319 Posts
angel hair pasta with sauteed bell pepper in garlic and olive oil, chopped roma tomatoes, basil, feta cheese, and toasted pine nuts! mmmmm

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

·
Administrator
33,728 Posts
Love gnocchi!! Gymrat do you make the potato or ricotta gnocchi?

I love them both
Potato, and by hand-

I have a pasta maker but usually only use it to make linguini or fettuccine.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
My husband likes a full-course turkey dinner with filling & green bean casserole & mashed potatoes & yams with marshmallows & baked corn casserole & home made rolls with real butter & salads & gravy & apple pie for dessert with vanilla bean ice cream & coffee with cream & then candy afterward.

I like a can of tamales and a diet Pepsi.
Fawnie, you've really made me hungry now with all these delicious dishes!!

And I love apple pie and vanilla ice cream! Yummy!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I agree with you, Angel hair!

Cooking is really fun. I'm really happy when people enjoy the foods that I've prepared.

I love "kheer " too especially when it's chilled! Yummy! I can't resist sweets as well which is so frustrating coz I gain weight easily!

Other sweets I love are rasmalai and rasgullah! I am yet to learn how to make them though which is in a way a good thing coz then I can't eat them that often!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Last summer I made Lemoncello-mmmmmmmmmmmm! and every yr I make some amaretto for the winter- after shoveling more mmmmm! awesome with butter/sugar cookies.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Last summer I made Lemoncello-mmmmmmmmmmmm! and every yr I make some amaretto for the winter- after shoveling more mmmmm! awesome with butter/sugar cookies.
Sounds lovely, Mony. Would you mind sharing your recipes for the lemoncello and amaretto?

Cheers.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts