Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased Alpha arbutin powder, mulberry extract and B3. I was thinking of mixing this up in a base cream which I currently use. I looked up some DIY recipes from the site I purchased these ingredients from and almost all of them involved heating. Do I need to heat these during mixing? Will this work fine if i just mix them in the cream with a spoon or finger, or with my palm just before application?

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
If the directions say to heat, then that is what is needed to dissolve the actives. The actives probably won't dissolve properly if you don't follow the directions.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Dark angel, I use a small glass set in a pan of warmed water (double boiler effect) to heat ingredients. Do your actives need to be heated to a certain temperature?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dork, yes. I am not able to post the link for the recipe now because I am posting over mobile. If it needs to be heated to a specific temp how do you do it ? Also how do you measure ph. And if 2 actives work well in different ph then can they be mixed together? Thanks much and looking forward to your answer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts