Skin Care Talk banner

3341 - 3360 of 3386 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
What's your regimen fenir. And how long did it take you to get to nc42

I got a thread floating around here somewhere, but basically la lotion + lightening mix 5 days skin building on weekends. Mix is lemonvate/g&g/dodo tall bottle. Korean italy towel once a week on skin building days. Occlude once a week usually on Friday. Took about 2-3 months to go from Idris Elba to omari Hardwick.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Does anyone know if the cream version is as potent as the lotion? @lightboy @gymrat @muse01 @RKB
@Fenrir idk never used it. but if we're to use G&G as a guide i'd say the cream version will be much stronger..(but i've not used it personally).. i know @I_Slay used the cream, which worked very well and then it ruined her skin but she might not have been skin building the entire time.. i also don't know how long she used it..but i know its the only thing that got her to her goal. Guess it's one of those products that work for some but ruin others.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Not sure. I would assume so.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Does anyone know if the cream version is as potent as the lotion? @lightboy @gymrat @muse01 @RKB
@Fenrir idk never used it. but if we're to use G&G as a guide i'd say the cream version will be much stronger..(but i've not used it personally).. i know @I_Slay used the cream, which worked very well and then it ruined her skin but she might not have been skin building the entire time.. i also don't know how long she used it..but i know its the only thing that got her to her goal. Guess it's one of those products that work for some but ruin others.
Ok sounds good. I have a batch I concocted using the lotion after I saw @muse01 get such great results. I wont be using it after this is done.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Damn, bew. Sorry to hear. How long did you use it for? Did you layer or mix? What you using now?
I believe I used for maybe 3 weeks . In true dodo fashion it worked quickly but as soon as I noticed the rash I trashed it . I used it straight up no chaser and I’m currently using your mix and yes I know I’m a huge hypocrite lol

·
Registered
677 Posts
I believe I used for maybe 3 weeks . In true dodo fashion it worked quickly but as soon as I noticed the rash I trashed it . I used it straight up no chaser and I’m currently using your mix and yes I know I’m a huge hypocrite lol
Dodo is a bit too suspect for me. I remember how Clinic Clear got alot of the same infamy and they're both made by the same company. I promised myself I would be using natural products since i'm probably gonna be a bleacher for life.

Once this dodo is done, my mix will be G&G cream / IKB Gel / Cream / Serum and 1 tube of Lemonvate Gel to keep my high-yellow Peanut Butter skin tone.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Dodo is a bit too suspect for me. I remember how Clinic Clear got alot of the same infamy and they're both made by the same company. I promised myself I would be using natural products since i'm probably gonna be a bleacher for life.

Once this dodo is done, my mix will be G&G cream / IKB Gel / Cream / Serum and 1 tube of Lemonvate Gel to keep my high-yellow Peanut Butter skin tone.
to be honest there is nothing " natural "about these ivory coast creams. Despite skin building all my veins show Skin is also very fragile .They have made my pale as a caucasian but there is no way I can say they are safe. I am on obagi like regimen now as my goal is very pale NC5 skin and seeing faster results without the side effects

·
Registered
677 Posts

to be honest there is nothing " natural "about these ivory coast creams. Despite skin building all my veins show Skin is also very fragile .They have made my pale as a caucasian but there is no way I can say they are safe. I am on obagi like regimen now as my goal is very pale NC5 skin and seeing faster results without the side effects
Ikb and lemonvate arent ivory coast unless you're telling me something I dont know. What was your starting shade

·
Registered
334 Posts
The dodo cream works but it gave me red rash on my cheeks. The struggle is reeaalllll okurrrrr
oh much gosh i noticed red patches on my butt after using it. But I definitely do not have the fast results everyone is talking about. I only had that when I used G&G oil which has apparently been discontinued.

·
Registered
520 Posts
You can look through this thread and see me singing praises based on results but add me to the list of people who had it rough with dodo. I was set on staying with this brand. Went through 2 jars and 2 squeeze bottles and well as soaps.

The second squeeze bottle messed me up. Red patches, hyperpigmentation dark spots, skin texture change, stinging throughout the day. Because I was lightening my inner thigh and butt with this bottle I first assumed I caught “something” and it wasn’t until after doctors visits and trial and error that I figured out it was the dodo cream. It took a while for me to figure out since I was in denial that it was the cream.

Look through my history here sharing information. Tested a lot of different cream and never had a problem until this. These issues plagued me late 2017 and beginning of 2018. On to the next one..

3341 - 3360 of 3386 Posts