Skin Care Talk banner

3361 - 3380 of 3386 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can look through this thread and see me singing praises based on results but add me to the list of people who had it rough with dodo. I was set on staying with this brand. Went through 2 jars and 2 squeeze bottles and well as soaps.

The second squeeze bottle messed me up. Red patches, hyperpigmentation dark spots, skin texture change, stinging throughout the day. Because I was lightening my inner thigh and butt with this bottle I first assumed I caught “something” and it wasn’t until after doctors visits and trial and error that I figured out it was the dodo cream. It took a while for me to figure out since I was in denial that it was the cream.

Look through my history here sharing information. Tested a lot of different cream and never had a problem until this. These issues plagued me late 2017 and beginning of 2018. On to the next one..
Just found and article saying the dodo lotion has mercury in it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
You can look through this thread and see me singing praises based on results but add me to the list of people who had it rough with dodo. I was set on staying with this brand. Went through 2 jars and 2 squeeze bottles and well as soaps.

The second squeeze bottle messed me up. Red patches, hyperpigmentation dark spots, skin texture change, stinging throughout the day. Because I was lightening my inner thigh and butt with this bottle I first assumed I caught “something” and it wasn’t until after doctors visits and trial and error that I figured out it was the dodo cream. It took a while for me to figure out since I was in denial that it was the cream.

Look through my history here sharing information. Tested a lot of different cream and never had a problem until this. These issues plagued me late 2017 and beginning of 2018. On to the next one..
Just found and article saying the dodo lotion has mercury in it.
💀💀�� link please!!!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Wow

Magic Dodo Ltd

1. Dodo Beauty Lightening Lotion (BN: 006114) (Mercury, Hydroquinone)

Both hydroquinone and Mercury?

How accurate is this because I don’t experience any hydroquinone effect from dodo.

·
Registered
345 Posts
OMG !! i wonder if its dodo whiteup , but i think it is cause when i googled " dodo beauty lightening lotion" theres only one dodo that pops up, which is the one we are using on here .

btw there also GG on that list for steroids and mercury...prob the red lid one though , they didnt precise which one ...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
A lot of things have mercury in it. Some food that you eat has mercury in for e.g tuna , all depends on the percentage of mercury in the product. Someone showed article few years back about the pink lid g&g having a little bit of mercury init.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I knew it. I said this from like a year ago. I knew Dodo and GnG contained HQ. My skin is immune to it and I start to get and burning sensation when I apply these products, in addition I can smell HQ from a mile off. My skin also becomes red, inflamed and texture turns like elephant skin when I use HQ. This happened when I used GnG, Dodo, Qei, FnW purchase from paks and a few other products. I've honestly used almost everything lol.

It sucks being immune lol, HQ lightens so good.

·
Registered
94 Posts
So f’ing sad that all the products I want or was using are turning out to be “bad” the naturals that we all were praising since the beginning are all of a sudden mercury filled/ roids or just plain ass hq filled. SIGHs
I kinda believe all or almost all african products and even some thailand products are not natural. But I’ll be bleaching anyways... wish we could buy up a factory and start making our own creams lol

·
Registered
465 Posts
So f’ing sad that all the products I want or was using are turning out to be “bad” the naturals that we all were praising since the beginning are all of a sudden mercury filled/ roids or just plain ass hq filled. SIGHs
I kinda believe all or almost all african products and even some thailand products are not natural. But I’ll be bleaching anyways... wish we could buy up a factory and start making our own creams lol
Exactly lol

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
R.I.P dodo 2015-2019 you served us well and made a lot of us very light, but then you burned and betrayed us leaving our skin in shambles. Our relationship was toxic and addicting. I only hope to find another who will lighten me like you did with out hurting me and destroying my skin

·
Registered
347 Posts
R.I.P dodo 2015-2019 you served us well and made a lot of us very light, but then you burned and betrayed us leaving our skin in shambles. Our relationship was toxic and addicting. I only hope to find another who will lighten me like you did with out hurting me and destroying my skin
Aww bless. How did it destroy your skin? Thought dodo was to be used short term then switched to another product.

3361 - 3380 of 3386 Posts