Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always been wondering why some people look totally different by applying make-up correctly. For example, they can make a round face look long and slim or make a big nose look small. I have been looking for ways to contour my face so that it appears slimmer and long instead of being round.
Also, how to make small eyes appear big?

If anyone know of such make- up tricks or any other, please do share.

Looking forward to some replies.

Cheers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Pumi,

I like to us a highliting pencil (I love benefit "eye bright") or even some very light pink shadow on the inner corners of my eyes. It makes the eye color "pop", especially if you line the rest of the eye with black liner. So line your eye with black like 90% of the way and just the inner tip with a very bright color. Its a great trick and really not overdoing it.

hope I helped!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I use Benefit Erase Paste (it comes in 3 shades) with an artist brush to sharpen my jaw line and hide shadows on the inside corner of my eyes.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Hi Pumi,

I like to us a highliting pencil (I love benefit "eye bright") or even some very light pink shadow on the inner corners of my eyes. It makes the eye color "pop", especially if you line the rest of the eye with black liner. So line your eye with black like 90% of the way and just the inner tip with a very bright color. Its a great trick and really not overdoing it.

hope I helped!
Japanese Cherry- are talking about lining the upper lashline? Or lower lashline?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for your helpful replies, everyone. I really appreciate. will definitely try some of these tips.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Pumi,

hope I helped!
Thanks Japanese Cherry. I will definitely try that. Applying eyeshadow on the inner corners of the eyes sound to be a good idea. Just a question, do you have to apply the eye liner on both the upper and lower lash lines?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a wheatish complexion. Does anyone have an idea which colour powder should I use for contouring? I know it should be darker than my current powder foundation. My face is round . I want to make it look slimmer with a darker powder but don't know how dark should I go for? By the way, I am nw25 in mac. Please help.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi Pumi, It would be a whole lot easier to answer your question, if you were out in the natural sunlight! But this is how I was taught to determine which colour to use for contouring. Look in the mirror, look for a shadow on your face, now try to match that colour Hope that helps. PS Is that you, if it is-- GIRL YOU DON"T NEED NO CONTOURING YOU ARE A KNOCKOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Yes, yes, that is Pumi in the picture.

Isn't she just beautiful?!!
Love the cheekbones, myself-

Pumi,........... just smile and say thank you-

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I take a bit of vaseline and put it on under my eyes. It sounds weird but I use it under and around to the corners. Not only does it keep them very moisturised but also it reflects so you have a younger more illuminating look without putting things like Touche Eclat on which is hit or miss for many women. I also use it to lengthen my eyelashes when I am doing something and want a semi-waterproof but natural look.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does anybody have any tricks to avoid eyeliner from smudging? I dunno why everytime I wear eyeliner , it smudges after a while especially at my outer corners. Maybe I have very oily eyelids...hmmmm.

Please help ..

1 - 20 of 65 Posts