Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could somone please take a look at this picture and let me know if they think they know what it is, and if so, how I could treat it. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Go to your local pharmacy for the phamacist to have a look. They may be able to suggest a topical creme to use. If they think you need something stronger than over the counter meds they will suggest you go see your G.P.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
living on a farm being around kittens I would guess ringworm also.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Lol, I was starting lightly, with does it itch? But I was heading to ring worm too!!!

Been around any cats lately?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Could somone please take a look at this picture and let me know if they think they know what it is, and if so, how I could treat it. Thanks a lot!
Wow it sort of looks like Shingles which I just had. It started out like that and grew to a big nasty sore. It comes from The Chicken Pox virus and can be contracted if you never had Chicken Pox. (It is highly contagious if you never had the Chicken Pox. If you had Chicken Pox like I did, you can get it because the virus lives in your body. It might not be this at all. It just looks the same when the shingles started for me. It can be brought on my stress which is what happened to me. Sometimes it's called the old peoples disease, but you can get it in your forties or fifties. It needs to be treated with Valtrex an
antiviral medication. If it doesn't go away or gets worse you need to got to a dermatologist.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I think it looks like ring worm to me!! You better go have that looked at. It looks like it has gotten bigger and more red since your first picture. It is contagious. Check yourself really good and make sure you haven't spread it to other areas of your body.

Do get in to see a Dr tipsout.

Google Image Result for http://blog.healia.com/files/u5/Ringworm_0.jpg

·
Registered
515 Posts
I was a bit hesitant to have a look, after the guy with the thingy on his penis.

Does look like ring worms to me too.
But could also be a spider bite of some kind also, is it hot to touch?

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
I was a bit hesitant to have a look, after the guy with the thingy on his penis.

Does look like ring worms to me too.
But could also be a spider bite of some kind also, is it hot to touch?
Lol, lydia, could you imagine if one of your son's posted a picture like that?!! I know, not something you want to think about, but really. Mine would NEVER!!! Like really do ya think a skin care site is the right place for that to be going on?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Lol, lydia, could you imagine if one of your son's posted a picture like that?!! I know, not something you want to think about, but really. Mine would NEVER!!! Like really do ya think a skin care site is the right place for that to be going on?
My sons haven't even got a face book page.
But when I saw that I thought it was some whacko having some sick joke with us.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
My sons haven't even got a face book page.
But when I saw that I thought it was some whacko having some sick joke with us.
My oldest has a facebook page, but rarely gets on it. My youngest is still into the Myspace page stuff. He is on often.

Ya, unfortunately I don't think this was a joke, sick, yes, but not a joke. I think this guy has no common sense.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not sure if it is ringworm and contagious because I have had it on my skin for about 3 years now. Sorry, I forgot to mention that earlier.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
WHAT? You have had this for 3 years?? And you have never had a Dr look at it?

Oh I would definately get in with a Dr. Unless it doesn't bother you since it has been around for 3 years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts