Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have an embarassing problem . I am 27 only and have been suffering from premature greying since the last couple of years. I feel very down and depressed as I have to constantly keep dying my hair. It looks so dry and unhealthy now. I have noticed also that my hair which used to be thick and long is now thinning. I guess the thinning is due to me coloring my hair so often. sometimes, I color my hair twice a month. The problem with my hair is that all my baby hairs start growing grey. Has anyone experienced any similar situation and been able to resolve their problem?

I would very much appreciate if u can share ur thoughts.
thanks.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I do Pumi! Once again we find ourselves in the same boat... maybe we were separated at birth lol. I am 30 and have been noticing grays since I was about 24.

I color my hair with henna but I don't get too crazy about it. I don't mind a little gray here and there. The last time I got my hair done, my young hairdresser laughed at me because she noticed my gray. I thought it was strange so I asked with humor "what's so funny?" And she said... gray at...how old are you... nineteen?!!! I said "noooo, honey...I'm 30" and she got really embarrassed. It was cute. And I took it as compliment of course.

My thoughts are that henna is less damaging than regular hair color but it is a LOT less permanent too. I also think that gray can be very sexy if you take care of your hair otherwise and you look clean and poised. Eating well and avoiding stress can slow the graying and aging process down too. Start yoga!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to this forum, but I had to reply to this thread. I am quite grey in spots and have been getting greys since my mid 20's. However, it is so bad now that I feel like Cruela DeVille. I've got patches or streaks of solid grey. I too color my hair often, although I try to space it out to one time a month. Plus, my main gipe is that the grey hair is so unruly and coarse. It will not lay smooth like my true colored hair.
I hate it and feel embarassed!!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do Pumi! Once again we find ourselves in the same boat... maybe we were separated at birth lol. I am 30 and have been noticing grays since I was about 24.

I color my hair with henna but I don't get too crazy about it. I don't mind a little gray here and there. The last time I got my hair done, my young hairdresser laughed at me because she noticed my gray. I thought it was strange so I asked with humor "what's so funny?" And she said... gray at...how old are you... nineteen?!!! I said "noooo, honey...I'm 30" and she got really embarrassed. It was cute. And I took it as compliment of course.

My thoughts are that henna is less damaging than regular hair color but it is a LOT less permanent too. I also think that gray can be very sexy if you take care of your hair otherwise and you look clean and poised. Eating well and avoiding stress can slow the graying and aging process down too. Start yoga!
Thanks for replying dragonlilly. The problem I have with the grey hairs is that they make me look older
I tried henna and it turned my white hairs orangy!!

But I will start yoga.
Cheers

·
Registered
576 Posts
LOL...yeah I know that that happens. What color is your hair? John Frieda has that line of wash in coloring that is not supposed to boost shine and not be damaging. I wonder how that would work for you?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL...yeah I know that that happens. What color is your hair? John Frieda has that line of wash in coloring that is not supposed to boost shine and not be damaging. I wonder how that would work for you?
sorry for late reply again. My hair is dark brown in colour. I have not heard of John Frieda coloring line. Is it good? I will have a look at my local drugstore.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Pumi -- try a hair colour product from a health food store -- they're mostly organic and should be gentle. I use (when my scalp isn't a mess) the new 10 minute Clairol? colour. I haven't coloured my hair in 6 months and it's rather neat -- the grey blends in and looks like streaks-- rather like it.

DL- I hear Yoga wear is now very fashionable to wear at any time. Suggest a line so that when I visit the big TO I can buy me an outfit. (It's only for looks -- I don't Yoga -- very shallow of me.)

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pumi -- try a hair colour product from a health food store -- they're mostly organic and should be gentle. I use (when my scalp isn't a mess) the new 10 minute Clairol? colour. I haven't coloured my hair in 6 months and it's rather neat -- the grey blends in and looks like streaks-- rather like it.

DL- I hear Yoga wear is now very fashionable to wear at any time. Suggest a line so that when I visit the big TO I can buy me an outfit. (It's only for looks -- I don't Yoga -- very shallow of me.)
Thanks for replying, Mari. No, I haven't heard of the new clairol but I will have a look. I haven't practised yoga before but if it helps with the premature greying, I will give it a try too

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Well it keeps the colour in my hair so why not! I dont use anything though from them just shampoo and conditinor! im a simple girl really

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Where have you seen the John Frieda hair color, DL??? Do you know anyone who's used it??? It sounds good!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am going for the new clairol one-- you colour your hair in just 10mins.. Isn't this great!!?
Cheers, mari for suggesting this to me

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
what colour are you dieing your hair Pumi, good luck with it though! So far i have been a red head, blonde, purple and black, just black. black and red! Not sure what colour il get put in next time round though he he!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like keeping my hair colour to its natural colour as far as I can which is dark brown. But I've tried black and red before. I am not that brave to go blonde LOL. It will look too fake on me!!
I am asian and got wheatish complexion you c

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Blonde look awful on me too! Just thought id share crazy things iv done! I would go slightly darker than natural colour as can fade quickly also try semi permanent first then go permanent! If you are gonna buy stuff from chemist just check ingredients first as the reason why I stopped using over the counter products and just get natural colour put in my hair is cause i did not like chemicals in these products! However my hair colour only lasts about six to eight weeks which is a pain!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm actually coloring my hair black colour this time. Darker colour takes time to fade I agree.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts