Skin Care Talk banner

Does anyone do facial exercises?!?

8K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  cass91 
#1 ·
If so, what is recommended: Ageless if you dare or Flexeffect? I don't really want to spend $70 If I can get same results from a cheaper program. but at the same time I want to get the best program. my marionette lines are driving me crazy and I notice some jowl drooping. I can't stand it!

#4 ·
Kiera
I do both programs. I do a combination of the two according to how things are going with my face. Still cheaper than plastic surgery and looks more natural!

Here is a great jowl exercise to get you going. Do it as many times as you can before completely tiring the muscles. Do it every day. You will feel it helping:
Lea Eigard - Chin Up Facial Exercises

She has another exercise on that site as well.
Glad you are interested!

#6 ·
My opinion of those things is not very high! Facial exercise is resistance exercise and the massage that is done with it is every bit as important as the exercise in building the tissues, promoting lymphatic flow and revving up the circulation.

I've been doing FlexEffect for about a year and Ageless for about 7 months, and I am seeing some great results. I actually feel like I have some control over the process, not like plastic surgery where the surgeon decides what I want to look like.

Ageless is profoundly able to help you build beautiful cheeks, and FE helps to firm the eye, jaw and jowl area. So I do both. Take a look at both websites and look at some of the before and after photos of the people there. It will give you an idea of what to expect.

#7 ·
i believe that facial exercise,s and the electrical devices,in my opinion, can do more harm than good.
what happens when you stop.? the skin has obviously been pulled and stretched,so it stands to reason that damage can be caused.
like many things,boredom sets in and we stop,its also not always possible to devote 20/40 minutes each day,combined with leading busy lives.
the best facial exercise i know of,is to always have a smile.

#8 ·
Here is a link with some FAQs about facial exercise. You posed several common misconceptions about exercise/massage of the face.

As far as becoming bored with it and giving up, just take a look at several of the members under before/after and see how long they have been doing the exercise program. I've been doing FE for nearly a year now and have no intention of giving up! Once you see the results that's positive reinforcement enough!

Ageless If You Dare is a program that only takes 5 minutes a day to complete. It depends how dedicated you are to the appearance and health of your skin, really, how much time you are willing to devote.

Have you tried the exercises/massage or any of the "electrical devices" yourself?

#10 ·
Ageless is a great program and will show you exercise/massage techniques to work on the NL lines. Renova is for the skin, but it won't get rid of the folds. The exercises will help. Glad you are getting started and let us know of your progress! Ageless has a forum to help with any problems along the way - be sure to log on!

#14 ·
I wanted to make a post but since I'm new and can't send private messages I'll post here. I'm 24 and started doing facial workouts for a month. Well guess what, I don't get mistooken for an 18 year old anymore. I've lost all the fat in my jaw line and my eyes are hollowed and my forehead lines are more prominent then ever...I'm so mad and angry at myself. I look tired and haggard..my jaw line is to little for my cheeks now and my cheeks are droopy and I'm left with dark circles under my eyes. Please don't tell me to wait it out...Or that it'll go back to normal it's been 3 weeks...and nothing. I look like a freak. I was pretty before...now I just look weird...do you know how distressed I am???? When will my face go back to normal? When will the fat return to my jaw line so it's proportional and not gaunt looking ? It's not fair....I'm mad...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.