Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met a girl a few months ago who had been purchasing her cosmetics from one of the shopping channels. She was curious about mineral makeup, so she came over for a makeover. she started telling me about her makeup regimen. apparantly there were 4 steps just ton apply a foundation. Most other application ( eyeshadow, blush etc.) were at least a 3 step process. Apply as a cream, wipe off & buff.

Do any real people have time for this???

·
Registered
5 Posts
I met a girl a few months ago who had been purchasing her cosmetics from one of the shopping channels. She was curious about mineral makeup, so she came over for a makeover. she started telling me about her makeup regimen. apparantly there were 4 steps just ton apply a foundation. Most other application ( eyeshadow, blush etc.) were at least a 3 step process. Apply as a cream, wipe off & buff.

Do any real people have time for this???
Heck No! None that I know of. I believe that if you use natural products you won't have many of the skin problems that some have simply because of all the chemicals they put on their bodies everyday.

Joanne

·
Registered
18 Posts
I dont think "natural" products are much better, but I do agree that putting less on your face is always a good thing. Some people put on so much makeup to cover up skin problems, but those same problems are being caused by their makeup!

·
Registered
582 Posts
yea, if i lay off the makeup for a while my skin gets better. and i know about the whole "replace your sponges" and "don't touch your face with your hands" thing.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I go through alot of trouble for special occasions. Sometimes I end up spending hours on my makeup and hair to make sure its JUST RIGHT. But on regular days, I dont spend more than a half hour.

·
Registered
360 Posts
lol yeahhhh that sounds like a lot of trouble. i personally spend about 15-20 on makeup when i want it to look perfect, 5-10 min when its minimal. and ill tell ya, my makeup works miracles. i look like 500x better.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I take long but only b/c...well I don't know why. I usually wash my face in the shower then tone and moisturize right after I get out. Hmmm...I use a primer by Per-fekt Beauty (Perf?kt Beauty) then I apply my concealer, then my MMU, then my blush and lip product, then my eye brows get brushed-WAIT does that sound like a lot? Especially for someone who hardly ever wears MU?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I guess I didn't fully understand the question. Are you asking....why to people put so much on? Or what...forgive my asking, I seriously dont' understand the question.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can't lie, on most days I spend over a half hour on makeup. I always try to look my best. I look so much better with eyeshadow and concealer. Don't get me wrong, I don't pile my makeup on to look like a clown, but I spend the few extra minutes in the morning so I can look just right. If I don't spend the time I feel terrible all day and wanna hide. Maybe its just me though...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don't have enough time in the day for all that. Mascara, eye liner, lip gloss, lip liner, and mineral makeup are my 5 essentials. Takes about 15mins if that.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
re: that 4 step process. When I used MMU I found that it took a lot of effort for me to make it look natural. I had to prime, then apply one layer, then buff, then apply more, buff again, then set with mineral water. It looked wonderful and stayed on well, but I just don't want to spend all that time every day!

I like to just smoosh on some tinted moisturizer, eye makeup, gloss and go now. Some days I don't even wear mascara cuz it's such a bother and looks too "made up" IMO.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts