Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since i dont have these times to deal with putting it ON the skin...

any research or anything to that effect? either way....

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
The only thing I can tell ya is that it's lowsy in coffee.... I haven't read anywhere if there is a positive or negative effect in the body. (I've been looking for that kinda info as well.)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't know about the effect on the skin. Stevia was first recommended my a friend of mine last year who used it to help regulate her child's blood sugar. I like it in my herbal tea, but haven't consumed enough of it to know if it was good for my skin or not.

All research I have seen on the Stevia plant have talked about it's topical applications and not the consumption of it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My guess is that it would because it allegedly has anti-oxidant properties, but I doubt it would be any more potent than ingesting any other anti-oxident. Who knows, though? I too do not like it in coffee. It brings out an upleasant bitterness in the coffee which is weird because when I get a taste of it while I have a Stevia mask on, it just tastes sweet. Anyway if it does have ant-oxidant properties, it would be good in coffee because coffee has them too. You get a one-two punch perhaps if you can stand the taste of the stuff in coffee...

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hey that is a good idea....just wish I could swallow the stuff....maybe I should just keep trying to then....I tried when I first got it...maybe I just need to stay on it for a week to fully get used to it. Thanks Tigerlilly!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts